FS: Cocobolo Ukuleles Long Neck Soprano #89 (EU/Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dohle

Reaction score
I'm selling my long neck cocobolo soprano for the simple reason that I'm about to receive a new uke from them very soon so I don't feel the need to keep this one.

20210418_163702.jpg20210418_163738.jpg20210418_163843.jpg20210418_1638052.jpg20210418_164658.jpg

Specs:
- Solid Nicaraguan cocobolo top, back and sides
- 12" radius cocobolo fretboard
- Teak neck
- Cocobolo and olive body binding
- Grover tuners
- Side sound port
- Worth Brown strings

Playability is excellent because of the radius fretboard and it's been setup very well. The sound is surprisingly deep for a soprano owning probably to the dense cocobolo wood. Condition is flawless with zero scratches.

This one doesn't quite have the swagger of the most striking cocobolo ukes because it doesn't have the lovely sap wood on the top but I think the back is killer.

Since these can be acquired new only through the lottery system Cocobolo Ukuleles offer I'm keeping the price fairly high but feel free to make an offer of course. I'm asking for 350 Euros + shipping. As ever, I prefer to sell and ship within the EU/Europe. The Kala Uke Crazy light case in the first photo will be included.

Last edited:
I have several real Cocobolo, among which long neck soprano, they play beautiful with Hawaiian plunk you look for, nice looking to boot

I have several real Cocobolo, among which long neck soprano, they play beautiful with Hawaiian plunk you look for, nice looking to boot

Totally agree. They have quite a unique tone, and the looks are always good. As mentioned, this one isn't quite up there with only the back having the sapwood but I think the bookmatching is done really well here. Maybe someone who enjoys the nice stripy red top will fancy this one.

I forgot to talk about the condition. It's flawless, not a single scratch on it. I bought it late last year and it's seen a medium amount of play. Hasn't been my favourite uke to play but it hasn't completely sat in its case either.

Beautiful! If I played soprano, I would snatch this up. I think it is gorgeous. Wonderful color and grain to the cocobolo. And it has a very nice sound.

BLWS

Thanks Kenn! This one is really comfortable to play with the concert scale neck even for someone who doesn't necessarily play soprano. :)

No offers yet. I could keep this as a travel uke but I'd feel selfish doing so seeing these are fairly rare / hard to obtain. If you're put off by the price I'm willing to listen to offers!

Thanks Kenn! This one is really comfortable to play with the concert scale neck even for someone who doesn't necessarily play soprano. :)

No offers yet. I could keep this as a travel uke but I'd feel selfish doing so seeing these are fairly rare / hard to obtain. If you're put off by the price I'm willing to listen to offers!

Thanks. Unfortunately, the only scale I play is tenor. I've tried concerts and sopranos and I just don't like the sizes. Nothing against them, they just aren't for me.

I like it enough to buy another one but I am in USA

Yep, that is unfortunate. I don't mind shipping to the US but the shipping cost will probably be fairly high, and it's always riskier of course as well.

Bump. New week, new opportunity to buy this Cocobolo. :)

Bump and price drop. Someone take this off my hands. This Cocobolo desperately needs a new home. :)

This uke has been sold, thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom