Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasps

Default Wasps

We have had a week of fine sunny weather here in the UK ..very welcome.
    But! The downside is the wasps that keep getting into the workshop..I suppose attracted by the smell of sawdust..I caught a bunch of em starting to build a nest in the corner of the roof ceiling yesterday chewing up the insulation boards but I soon sorted them out...I discovered that CA glue activator is an excellent repellent one squirt of that and they head out the door faster than they came in
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Good work Ken! Good use of CA accelerator if I ever heard of one. Yes, nasty stuff. Don't let those nasty wasps get the upper hand! I score this one: Ken Tims 1, wasps null (0).

Let us know how long they stay way.

Another discovery with CA accelerator..it kills dandelions and other weeds growing on the crazy paving..they turn black and shrivel up within 24 hours of application.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

And what exactly is CA accelerator? Well it's pretty simple, it's is sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) , water and acetone or other water soluble volatile solvent. The baking soda is alkeline which neutralizes the acid CA and allows the polymers to quickly bond. Pretty simple. It is probably the acetone that is killing the weeds. And the wasps.

Just a tip here for what it is worth. Spray the nest real early in the morning before they have woken and are all in the nest .
    You dont want to spray the nest when most of them are out .
    " Anything larger than a soprano is cheating "
    " I'm no luthier but ,........"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbM...uffExperiments

try this burns their wings off and cannot fly after ya

Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    Don't let those nasty wasps get the upper hand!
    Wasps get a bad rap - they're pollinators and they take out the really nasty bugs. Unless they're in the way where they'll cause problems it's generally best to leave them bee. Not welcome in the workshop though!

Quote Originally Posted by yakka View Post
    That's even less welcome in the workshop! Eep!

Yes! they do get bad press...but youve got to love their little innocent faces .. especially when they sting you.
    wasp.jpg

Please don't spray dandelions, it is death to bees,and we need bees!
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone
    And a whole heap of other instruments...

My Music Blog

Thread Information