Hi! New member from NYC

Aloha1985

Reaction score
I have been trying to play for over a year. I have no musical experience. Playing is still pretty awful, but I am slowly getting better. I hope! My first uke was a gift, a Luna blue wave concert. I purchase a sound smith spalted maple concert a few months later. I find the difference in sound because of the different woods fascinating. I just purchase a Kala 1Koa concert gloss. WOW! I love it. As you can see I am hooked. I am already thinking of getting a tenor.

Welcome to UU, Aloha1985!
Yes, these ukuleles are quite addictive. Unfortunately, most of us don't see UAS as a serious problem. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right scale and finger comfort due to neck profile and string spacing. If you can get to good local shops then I'd suggest to try out all of the other sizes. You never know if you might even prefer a baritone to a tenor...

I wish you lots of fun with your ukulele family!

Welcome Aloha1985. The first year improvements seemed to come slowly. There is so much to learn. It seemed to get better after that.

Enjoy your ukes. UAS is quite addictive. I love the different sounds from different woods, different builders, different strings that makes having several ukuleles so enjoyable. Playing never gets stale.

As another even greener Newbie Welcome. This is a great site. I have been reading several threads across various areas and lots of good information. Yeah that UAS stuff is for real. Ha Ha. Don't ask me how I know. And I'm just getting started !

Very good website here and I am sure you will find lots of good information. I have had a couple questions but so far just utilizing the search function I have found the answers.

Don't be afraid to get a Tenor size and give it a whirl. Good luck and have fun picking one out. One more Uke can't hurt . ;)

Top Bottom