Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD: aNueNue AMM3 - long

Default NUD: aNueNue AMM3 - long

I admit I've spoiled myself lately. I've gotten 4 really nice new ukes within the last couple of months, and all of them are worthy of a NUD. But this is the first NUD that I've actually posted on here, because I'm just blown away by the Anuenue AMM3 that arrived today. Some background info on this purchase first - I had been wanting a mahogany Tiny Tenor and/or a Romero Creations SM (oversized mahogany soprano) for quite some time, as I don't have a mahogany uke and I do love the way mahogany sounds. I had been perusing the Ukulele Site for months, waiting for the right Tiny Tenor to pop up, or the aNueNues, which were also on my wish-list. The RC oversized soprano finally showed up, but in koa. One was REALLY attractive, so I decided to buy it with the plan that I would get the Tiny Tenor in the mahogany I wanted. Shortly thereafter some mahogany Tiny Tenors were listed, but none of them had that deep rich color I preferred. While I debated, they of course got sold. But then some really striking mango ones were listed - 3 of them I thought were gorgeous, and I couldn't decide which one to choose just based on looks. I made a choice, and after some email exchanges with Mika at the shop he confirmed the sound qualities for me. And so I had two very nice ukes that would be coming. But then they got the aNueNues in. The Moonbird has been on my want list, but I couldn't justify spending that much more on another uke having just bought 2. However, when I saw the AMM3 mahogany tenors, which are so reasonably priced, I remembered some the of good recommendations on here and decided to give it a try. I chose a nice deep, rich colored one that makes the abalone rosette stand out nicely. The headstock is slotted, with an attractive ebony headplate that the pretty mother of pearl aNueNue logo stands out against like a hologram. Sometimes slotted headstocks provide too much string tension for me as I have some arthritis in my finger joints, so I tend to avoid them. But the action is easy and comfortable on this AMM3. The tone of this uke is as beautiful as its looks. The African mahogany is resonant and warm. It has excellent clarity and really good sustain. And it is surprisingly loud. I was concerned that it might be a little on the quiet side, but no worries there! The fretboard has a slight radius which is not really noticeable, but barre chords seem to be clear. In fact, I usually avoid barre chords, and I can play them on this uke. Wow. The neck is slightly flattened at the back, which makes the gloss neck nicer to play. It seems to be about 36mm wide at the nut, but still feels roomy enough. All in all this is a beautifully made, wonderful sounding uke for a midrange price of $599, with case. It sounds and feels like a uke double that price. ANueNue, I am impressed!

Editing to add pics in the first post - anuenue_amm3 front.jpg anuenue_amm3_12568-1.jpg
    Last edited by Cadia; 05-02-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    "So many ukes, so little money..."

Kanile'a KSR-T premium koa tenor
    KoAloha KTM-00 tenor
    Rebel Double Cheese spruce/mahogany tenor, my BFF.
    Pono ATC-PC acacia cutaway tenor
    Kala KA-ASFM-T-C flame maple tenor
    Pono MT-SP tenor
    Cocobolo concert #467
    Pono ASD acacia soprano deluxe
    Pono MGS mango soprano

I love my Mahogany Tiny Tenor. If I didn't have a substantial custom build ($$$) coming due at the end of this year, I'd be seriously considering an AMM3. Congratulations!
    Larry

KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    KALA SOLID FLAME MAPLE CONCERT
    JUPITER UKULELE TENOR #77, REDWOOD/SYCAMORE
    ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR" (LOW "G")
    ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR (LOW "G")
    OHANA BK-70M BARITONE

Congratulations on the purchase. You picked up a great one.

Very good review. From your description it seems that aNueNue has another winner with the AMM3. Congratulations. I'm glad you were able to get one in the dark rich color you prefer.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Congrats on the AMM3, Cadia. I enjoyed reading your story about how you came to own a number of great ukes in such a short time. As it happens, I had my eye on that very same attractive koa RC soprano on the Ukulele Site. While I was trying to decide if it was more than my budget could afford, someone bought it. Now I know who that someone is. :-)
    KoAloha KCM-00
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele
    Kala KA-SLNG
    Flight TUS35

Congrats on your uke!

I remember getting mine after browsing the interwebz for a higher end ukulele and listening to sound samples. After listening to the moon bird sound samples, I saw a video with a sound sample for this one. And listening I discovered that the sound of this suited my particular taste better. And even though I was looking for a concert uke, I bought a tenor like this. A gorgeous uke indeed!
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Congrats on the new uke! I had the concert AMM2 for a while myself. They are fantastic ukes and in my opinion the best value for money at that price range, easily. I love how the AMM models look and feel traditional yet modern at the same time. I think these are really classy looking ukes. I didn't really fancy the fairly chunky slotted headstock on the concert but I've no doubt it suits the tenor perfectly. The African mahogany they use indeed gives these ukes a surprising amount of clarity while still having some warmth to the sound. Fantastic ukes, fantastic brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Very good review. From your description it seems that aNueNue has another winner with the AMM3. Congratulations. I'm glad you were able to get one in the dark rich color you prefer.
    Thanks, Kenn2018. It is indeed a winner!

KoAloha KTM-00 tenor
    Pono MT-SP tenor
    Cocobolo concert #467
    Pono MGS mango soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
    Congrats on the AMM3, Cadia. I enjoyed reading your story about how you came to own a number of great ukes in such a short time. As it happens, I had my eye on that very same attractive koa RC soprano on the Ukulele Site. While I was trying to decide if it was more than my budget could afford, someone bought it. Now I know who that someone is. :-)
    Lmao! The SK has a good home, I promise. Nice size for travel, too, and big on sound for a soprano. I like these!
    Last edited by Cadia; 04-20-2021 at 09:51 PM.

KoAloha KTM-00 tenor
    Pono MT-SP tenor
    Cocobolo concert #467
    Pono MGS mango soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post
    Congrats on the new uke! I had the concert AMM2 for a while myself. They are fantastic ukes and in my opinion the best value for money at that price range, easily. I love how the AMM models look and feel traditional yet modern at the same time. I think these are really classy looking ukes. I didn't really fancy the fairly chunky slotted headstock on the concert but I've no doubt it suits the tenor perfectly. The African mahogany they use indeed gives these ukes a surprising amount of clarity while still having some warmth to the sound. Fantastic ukes, fantastic brand.
    I agree with your assessment. So glad I got this! I'm not a fan of slotted headstocks, but it is fine on this uke.

KoAloha KTM-00 tenor
    Pono MT-SP tenor
    Cocobolo concert #467
    Pono MGS mango soprano

Thread Information