Hello! Reccommend me some songs?

milli857

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm kinda new to ukulele - I had a Kala KA-15S soprano I didn't like so I sold it a while back, but I missed it so I just bought a Kala KA-SGC solid spruce top concert. I like playing this one much more - there's a huge difference in quality, comfort, and sound from my old one.

Strung it up with low G since I'm a bass player and the re-entrant tuning was really screwing with my brain.

I'm looking for some fun songs to play - I've played some guitar before so I'm not a total beginner. Recommend me some? I mostly listen to indie rock and folk, jazz, funk, and bluegrass.

I'm also looking for a group to play with - I'm moving to Richland, WA soon so preferably something close to there. And I just got my second COVID vaccine shot!

Low G Nice. Not sure what level you at. I would start with songs that have like three chords, get those down and move on from there. If you google what you want ie three chord songs for ukulele, a whole bunch of option come up. You might be past that but I think its a good place to start. What do you like picking and chord melody or strumming and singing?

I'd like to learn to sing eventually but I'm looking more for picking and melody songs.

The only real 'ukulele' song I've learned is Somewhere over the Rainbow, but I've translated some guitar songs over (Norweigan Wood and Here Comes the Sun by Beatles are a couple examples).

Welcome Milli857. Search online for "ukulele songbook pdf" and you'll find a lot of free tunes. You're sure to like some of them.

You may want to pick up one of the Ukulele Fake Books because they’ve got a good bit of variety in the songs offered and there’s standard notation so you can pull out the melody (as well as chord boxes for when you just want to sing and strum).

Thanks for the reccommendations!

I like the look of that Spencer Gay book, and I could really use more practice reading, so it should be great.

Top Bottom