Trade: Ovation 1997 Collections Edition for a Guilalele or Parlor Guitar 21" - 23"

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Trade: Ovation 1997 Collections Edition for a Guilalele or Parlor Guitar 21" - 23"

Hello everyone,

Just like a few of you, I bought a guitar but it's too long for me. I wanted a hardback so that I don't have to take care of it much and I read that the 1997 Ovation Collector's Series is the first parlor guitar Ovation made so I bought one. Little did I know that the scale length is 25.25", which is pretty standard but the body is small like a parlor guitar. It sits nicely on my lap but I want a scale length 21" to 23".

It does have some finish checking by the bridge but it doesn't look like it went to the wood. Also the left tip broke off at the head. I am not the original owner so don't know much about the guitar. It does come with the Ovation case and one of the latches is broken but the rest work.

I am looking for a 6 string STEEL smaller guitar, guilalele or whatever they call it. I do not want nylon strings. Let me know what you have. Thank you for looking.

I made a sound sample:

https://youtu.be/qqtqxX7tkSg

Below is the an excerpt from another website:
Limited 1997 Ovation "1997" Collectors Edition acoustic guitar "Made in USA" in Natural finish, from the limited Collector Series. This guitar came from the original owner and is in excellent condition, only minor playwear, the original frets are like new! The 1997 Collectors guitar was the first to feature a new roundback bowl design and a downsized body, while the scale-length of 25 1/4 is consistent with other acoustics. The sound is very precise, focused and clear and the volume is surprisingly loud. The 5-piece maple/mahagony neck houses the patended Kaman-bar reinforcement, ebony fretboard and slotted headstock, furthermore a built in PU-system with TS-preamp.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:
This is a rare collectors item and you may have a better chance selling it on one of the Ovation related Facebook pages. A guitalele usually has Nylon strings. However Pono also manufactures small guitars with steel strings that have an excellent reputation. Sale of the Ovation should bring enough money to buy a new Pono in your desired size. Maybe contact HMS and see what they have to offer too.

This is a rare collectors item and you may have a better chance selling it on one of the Ovation related Facebook pages. A guitalele usually has Nylon strings. However Pono also manufactures small guitars with steel strings that have an excellent reputation. Sale of the Ovation should bring enough money to buy a new Pono in your desired size. Maybe contact HMS and see what they have to offer too.

Thanks. I'm a little lazy right now as I'm not in any hurry to sell and I don't know enough about smaller guitars or guitalele so I figure if someone has one, then it makes my life easier. I'm digging the 6 string Romero steel string baritone on HMS.

That is one nice Ovation! I wish I had something to trade you for it. Good luck!

-joe

Top Bottom