Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 480 - I don't normally like tomatoes, John...but this is delicious!

Default Season 480 - I don't normally like tomatoes, John...but this is delicious!

Season 480 - I don't normally like tomatoes John...but this is delicious!

Ayup! Welcome to the 480th season of the ukulele!

I've made a short accompanying video below which explains how the idea for the season came about etc...which combined with this blurb should hopefully make some sort of sense...

What I'm asking for this week is songs by artists or from a musical genre that you aren't really a fan of but there's one song that, for some reason (maybe you can't even explain why), you like.
    In my case, it's Coldplay. Not a fan. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I actively dislike them.
    But there's one song that I really like! I think it's great!

Maybe, as an example, you don't like Heavy Metal as a rule but there's that one song by Judas Priest or whoever that you just can't help giving the old devil horns and headbanging along to. That's the one I'm looking for!

As an alternative, the opposite is also very welcome!

Maybe there's a band/artist or musical genre that you love but there's a particular song that just doesn't do it for you?
    The one you always skip on the CD or you haven't bothered adding to your Spotify playlist...I want to hear that song! (In fact, that's possibly more fun - playing a song that you don't really like. Perhaps it's a chance to reclaim it and realise its potential!)
    A little note to explain your choice would be cool too.

For the songwriters out there, originals are very welcome along the theme of liking something that you didn't expect to/weren't supposed to/against your better judgement etc...or the opposite, hating something that you thought you should/would like. Anything along those lines.

As a third option I welcome any song (original or cover) that is about, or mentions in any way (either in title or lyrics), tomatoes.
    Cherry tomatoes, plum, fried, tinned, pureed, sun dried, ketchup, whatever...all fair game!

Usual terms and conditions apply, no song limit, collaborations heartily encouraged, multi instrument extravaganzas too but keep that ukulele at the forefront of proceedings! Mention somewhere in your post that it's for season 480...you all know the score.

There will be a prize. The lucky (debatable...) winner will receive a copy of the 1972 Blue Peter annual featuring John Noakes and Shep on the cover! I know...it's almost too good to be true!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your songs! Have fun!
    Don't forget, Liz's season still has a day or so to run so there's still time to get cracking and get a song in for that!

Any questions/problems let me know!

Cheers,

Bobby x

Playlist (hopefully) here...https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...lHYlti-_2DNfYq

Checking out Mongolian throat singing........
    Flat flip flies straight.

As host, I'm going to immediately abuse my position of power and get my song in early as I've been at the pub and I'm ever so sleepy...

It's a Coldplay song. Their only good one.

What a theme, Bobby, what a theme! AWESOME! I’m in, my friend!!!!

If there's a 1972 Blue Peter album at stake I'm definitely in! Great theme! I could use a new doorstop, my Roomba keeps hiding the ones I've got.
    Last edited by jtsteam; 04-24-2021 at 12:20 PM.
    - Edwin

Great to see you hosting Bob! This is a new and interesting theme to me ~
    Talk less, play more . . . .

Now this is INTERESTING ... liking things you shouldn't like and not liking things you should like; and then TOMATOES!!!!! A very clever theme, Bob, and my mind has now gone completely blank!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Been a little behind with my listening and commenting of late - I will try to ketchup as soon as possible!
    Great idea for a theme Bobster!
    My YouTube channel
    My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele
    My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero
    My collaborations with Liz Brinker

Normally i would generally listen to 50/60/70/80s rock / rock and roll, with a little bit of country thrown in. I'm not one for cheesy pop music, however i always had a soft spot for Dollar ... or maybe it was just a teenage crush on Thereza Bazar
    So for this week's theme, Maria and I are re-creating the sight and sound of Dollar with one of their hits 'Who Were You With In The Moonlight?' ... we're thinking of forming a tribute act and taking it on the road ...

dollar012.jpg

Original song: The man with a silver glove and a chimpanzee

Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 04-25-2021 at 12:17 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Thread Information