Season 480 - I don't normally like tomatoes, John...but this is delicious!

Last orders at the bar!
After a quiet day yesterday we're drawing to a close. A few hours left for anyone wanting to sneak in a late one...

I don't like Bob Dylan. I think it's mainly his voice, but there might be other factors too.

Anyway, he recorded the House of the Rising Sun on his first album. I've always liked this one. I listened to many versions this week, and I rather liked Bob's cover. Though my new favourite is Nina Simone...

I also tried to write a tomato song, but It's still to young and tender to be potted out. Here are our plants, currently being hardened in the conservatory before they will be moved outside in bigger pots.

IMG_20210502_185811.jpg

Ok, people! I make that about time by my watch. Many thanks to each and every one of you who brought a song/songs this week!
I'm going to re-watch a few and somehow try to pick a winner!
Cheers! X

So there we have it! My hosting virginity is no more...
I just want to say a huge thank you once again to everybody who contributed to the season and helped make the whole experience a very enjoyable one.
I've thoroughly enjoyed each and every entry and, as always, I'm in awe of the creativity and enthusiasm of everybody.
All three options for the season were successfully represented. A whole load of wonderful covers and very interesting to learn who likes or dislikes what! (Although I couldn't agree with all of them)
Not to mention a whole greenhouse full of tomato songs!
We also had a bunch of terrific tomato based originals for the season - Berni managed to tick two of the boxes with a brilliant song about learning to love what, at first, you didn't and a special mention to John (Ukecaster) and his real fine Real Fine Tomato. A proper toe tapper that I really enjoyed!

But, in the words of that bloke out of Highlander, there can be only one and after much deliberation my winner is...

*insert drum roll*

Edwin (JT Steam)! who brought three great songs in total and each one ticked off one of the options available - a song he likes from a genre he doesn't, a song he dislikes from an artist he does and a song which mentions tomatoes! Great work.
Congratulations, Edwin! Message me with your address details and the much coveted 1972 Blue Peter annual will be winging its way to you!

Once again, thank you all who took the time to contribute a song. Every one was very much appreciated!
Now, Val's May Day season is in full swing so off you trot...

Cheers,

X

Wow, thanks Bob, and thanks for a great week with a fun topic! I can't wait to find out how to make a new door stop...

Well done Bob - great debut, though I’m sorely tempted to bombard you with several of Val Singleton’s door stops for making me besmirch my YouTube channel with a Quo song! :p
And well done Edwin - fully deserved, sir! :)

Last edited:
Well done Bob - great debut, though I’m sorely tempted to bombard you with several of Val Singleton’s door stops for making me besmirch my YouTube channel with a Quo song! :p

Cheers, Del. Your sacrifice was very much appreciated and I feel your pain! With my own Coldplay besmirching, my reputation is in tatters...

Look what the postie just brought me - thanks Bob! Who would have thought that you could make a doorstop out of a brick! Now I'm off to make some spudwiches for lunch.

IMG_20210507_104443.jpgIMG_20210507_104351.jpgIMG_20210507_104432.jpg

How could they have spelt chip butty so wrong?

Heh. It looks much fancier than that though. It involves mash and corned beef, and actually looks a bit like a variant of corned beef hash. I'm kind of tempted to try it actually, except that it says I need to find a grown up to help.

Top Bottom