Song Help Request All Within My Hands

NotaAzul

Reaction score
Hi, all. There is no tab for Metallica’s All Within My Hands. I have been trying to convert the guitar chords, but they don’t sound quite right. Can someone help or does someone have the chords for the acoustic version of the song?

Last edited:
What do you mean when you say you are trying to “convert the guitar chords.” Are you trying to transpose the song to another key? Unless you do want to play it in a higher or lower key (for ease of singing), why not just use the chords in the song’s original key. Based on the version of the song in the link below, the original chords look fairly straight forward.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/metallica/all-within-my-hands-chords-3312185

From what I have read, guitar chords transpose differently to ukulele. For example, in this song, the guitar’s Dm should be played as a Gm on the uke. Is this idea incorrect?

I suspect that what you're hearing is a difference in the chord position, or inversion. Guitar chords will have a different note in the bass, i.e. a different inversion, from the same chord played on a Uke. Instead of playing C 0003, try 5433, and instead of playing G 0232, try 4232, etc. If getting the right chord sound takes you too far up the fretboard, transpose, i.e. change the key of the tune. You will eventually find the right key, and right inversion to get the sound you're looking for.

From what I have read, guitar chords transpose differently to ukulele. For example, in this song, the guitar’s Dm should be played as a Gm on the uke. Is this idea incorrect?

If the indicated guitar chord is Dm, then you play a Dm chord on the ukulele. The shape of the Dm chord will be different on the ukulele than on the guitar, but the notes that comprise a Dm chord will be essentially the same for both instruments.

Top Bottom