Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unreal slow delivery service from USPS

Default Unreal slow delivery service from USPS

Would you believe a USPS shipped Ukulele has only made it from a Chicago suburb to the Chicago distribution center in 7 days? I doubt that is 50 miles.
    It was supposed to be delivered to Atlanta in 6 days. Now that the original estimated delivery date is past, the USPS does not even give an estimate when it will be delivered.

I continue to recommend that no one use USPS basic Parcel Post to ship anything of value.
    USPS Priority Mail is a different service ( from Parcel Post) and usually has service comparable to UPS and FedEx ground.

Would you believe this (USPS Parcel Post) was a recommended shipping means on Reverb? If the shipping cost was only $20 I would understand crappy service. But, the shipping charges were $50. Another reason to only use FedEx or UPS or USPS Priority Mail for shipping things of value.

The Christmas and Covid peak volumes are over. Why so slow? Clearly the USPS is cutting back on service.
    Last edited by Doc_J; 05-05-2021 at 09:30 AM.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

I had a flute do something like that recently. Took over three weeks when initial estimate was 2-day Priority.
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Southern Cross concert GCEA
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127
    Pelem, B reentrant
    Jupiter #71, A, UG1

!Flukutronic!

Trump appointee postmaster general deJoy has ordered the post office to slow our mail down and raise prices. I'm mailing out Mom's Mother's Day present tomorrow, but I doubt if she'll get it by May 9, 1200 miles away....
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

USPS effs up all time, as do other services. Ordered something from across town once, east side (I live on the west). It went from there to a town 60 miles west to a regional center, back to town to regional center, back to 60 miles west regional center, to another town in between, then delivered. Took 10 days to go about 5 miles. So yeah I can believe it...but they all screw up, just depends on if your package is an unlucky one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    Trump appointee postmaster general deJoy has ordered the post office to slow our mail down and raise prices. I'm mailing out Mom's Mother's Day present tomorrow, but I doubt if she'll get it by May 9, 1200 miles away....
    It's really important to understand the reasons behind things like this. State-run postal service doesn't have to be awful. Many great examples across Europe.

Ps. Sorry for bringing in politics to the discussion but I didn't start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post
    It's really important to understand the reasons behind things like this. State-run postal service doesn't have to be awful. Many great examples across Europe. Ps. Sorry for bringing in politics to the discussion but I didn't start it.
    The problem is it's run by dolts and controlled by the workers, the "lunatics are running the asylum."

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I ordered an awning from a sales center in Benicia (6 miles north of me). Just across the river
    It was shipped to Sacramento (60 miles north /East of both of us)
    Then to Vallejo (15 miles west of both of us)
    Then to a Distribution Center 3 miles from me
    Then delivered to my home

The algorithms are perplexing.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    The problem is it's run by dolts and controlled by the workers, the "lunatics are running the asylum."
    [/url]
    Humorously?
    Temporary or probation employees are not issued uniforms. So when I see someone wearing jeans and a t-shirt rummaging through the back of the postal van, I assume they are authorized and not a thief.

Use a service like goshippo.com or similar, and you'll get a range of heavily discounted rates to choose from across multiple carriers. You should be able to get a fast service with a reliable delivery estimate for cheaper than you paid for parcel post.

Briarcliff, TX - Fabulous Hill Country home to Willie Nelson, and me!

USPS has been terrible for a long time. I avoid using it when at all possible. I like UPS in the areas where I've lived. FedEx is OK, but I've found their people hard to deal with. I think that relates to their background as a business oriented service. Dealing with individuals isn't their forte. I think our government ought to put the postal service out to bid, and let a private operator run it.
    Last edited by VegasGeorge; 05-03-2021 at 08:45 AM.
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

Thread Information