Unreal slow delivery service from USPS

USPS is a critical part of living in Hawai'i. The private shipment companies change absurd prices to get stuff here. And, honestly, I've had way less trouble with USPS than anybody else. It's a damn shame they are compromised by #45's FedEx homie, but I know it has nothing to do with 99% of the folks who actually do the job well.

As far as I'm concerned, the USPS is the one thing that seems like tax money well-spent. If we have to bear with them through a rough patch, so be it. Hopefully we'll figure out a way to boot DeJoy and get things back on the rails. Until then, it's good to be patient in a fast-paced world.

Hope you get it soon Hodge!

Not to always bash USPS, I had something shipped from HI on a Sat and delivered to my house in CA on Mon! Once in awhile, they get it right. :D

Thanks. I agree the USPS can make some amazing quick deliveries with Priority or Express service. Not so much with Parcel Post.
Much of the current slow down really can be attributed to ineffective management decisions.

Update: It arrived safely after 15 days in the mail from Chicago to Atlanta.

Last edited:
I am still waiting for some books I ordered for a class. They were print-to-order, and shipped on February 2nd from Cedar Rapids, IA via FedEx Sure Post , which uses Last Mile delivery by USPS.

Ok, that might explain the mystery I had last week with Fed Ex. I ordered some stuff that was shipped Fed Ex. The Fed Ex tracking showed expected delivery last Saturday, which never happened. Then the tracking changed to "delivery pending" on Sunday and Monday. On Tuesday it changed to "out for delivery." We were home all day, checking the front porch about once an hour. No package and no barking from our hyper-vigilant dog. I check the tracking, and it says "package delivered at front door." No package. Checked with neighbors, and no package at their houses by mistake. Neighbor across the street saw the Fed Ex truck at the time it said they delivered it, but he wasn't sure that he saw the package at my door. I figured I'd been hit by porch pirates, although it would be a first for my neighborhood. I was bummed, since I'd been waiting over a week. Re-ordered the stuff. The next day, the package arrived at my front door, delivered by my mail person along with my daily mail. The label on the box was USPS. No Fed Ex label on it. I had to quickly call and stop my re-order before it shipped. That Last Mile delivery thing would explain why my regular mail person delivered it, but not why Fed Ex came to my house, didn't delivery the package, and listed it as being delivered on their tracking?????
PS - the package didn't require a signature for delivery

Last edited:
Damn it, it will take a long amount of time ! I had the same situation, but I wasn’t able to make it in my case. I ordered some merch from my favorite artist, 2 hoodies, and one T-shirt. It was supposed to be delivered in 3-4 weeks and I was ok with it. After 5 weeks there were still no signs and I decided to call the company. They told me that my package is still in transit, and it will take another 4 weeks to move. At that moment I was so pissed, I just told them that I don’t want it anymore and I didn’t even care about the money. I had a talk about this issue with my friend, and he told me that he knows a website that can solve my issue sourcingbro.com. I gave it a shot and surprisingly I got my delivery on time.

Last edited:
Some months back I was trading ukes was someone here on the forums (I forget who), it was just one state away. We both shipped UPS Priority mail. My uke made it to him in 2-3 days. A month later I still hadn't received the one sent to me via Priority USPS..... USPS lost it, and he put in a claim. He shipped me a similar uke, and then to our mutual surprise the missing one showed up at my house too! I ended sending one back to him, and that one took weeks to get back him, and I had shipped USPS Priority also. It was quite the fiasco, but the fellow was an upstanding guy, and in the end we were both happy with the outcome. That's the origin story of how I got my Romero Spalted Mango Grand Tenor, quite the nice uke!

Something similar happened with my Kala Aratani. I had purchased it on Reverb and it went missing for months. I had put in a claim with Reverb on it. It must have been three months later it was found somewhere in a DC area USPS depot, the box was torn open and smashed, my address partially missing (it has been pretty poorly wrapped and taped). My local USPS had been calling the DC depot once a week to see if the tracking number showed up and got it repackaged and sent to me.... Somehow the uke survived unscathed. I keep it in my office when I need a break from working, always a bit amazed that it survived its journey to me! If my local post office hadn't been so diligent trying to track it down it would probably still be sitting in that depot years later!

Last edited:
Supposed to get a Clearwater round back baritone ukulele through USPS tomorrow. Ordered it from the UK 6/15, estimated delivery date was 7/1-7/5 so I am psyched that it's showing up on the 23rd. Keeping my fingers crossed ��!

Last edited:
Well UPS pretty much sucked this week too, lol. After paying import fees on an uke, it sat in a UPS warehouse for practially a week because they marked it as missing the tarrif ID...which it wasn't. It took a call from the shipper to get it fixed. Thank you to Southern Ukulele store for setting UPS straight quickly once I let them know the problem. It finally arrived today.

NUD post here: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?150484-NUD-OMG-the-Lion-is-so-very-very-ORANGE!

My "Clearwater round back baritone" arrived via USPS at 9:30 am in perfect condition! It was actually shipped on the 14th from the UK, and delivered on the 23rd. Not bad for an overseas delivery... I have been working on breaking in the strings and absolutely love it!

Last edited:
I made the mistake of ordering a wireless system for my bass uke yesterday and paid for quicker shipping so I could get it before Sunday. Even though Amazon shows it will arrive tomorrow, USPS shows delivery date unknown. I don't expect to see it tomorrow.

here in the PNW, UPS is a total disaster...tracking is useless and arrival date is a joke...and when it finally gets to your block, it can go to any house. Sadly, Fedex has joined them. Incoming ukulele from Elderly has been "out for delivery" and not shown up, "out for delivery" and not been on the truck, "delayed" and now, I have a text and an email from Fedex, both giving different upcoming arrival days.

I made the mistake of ordering a wireless system for my bass uke yesterday and paid for quicker shipping so I could get it before Sunday. Even though Amazon shows it will arrive tomorrow, USPS shows delivery date unknown. I don't expect to see it tomorrow.

Wait, you paid more $$$ for delivery and they used USPS? I hope you didn't just waste that money.
Best of luck!

here in the PNW, UPS is a total disaster...tracking is useless and arrival date is a joke...and when it finally gets to your block, it can go to any house. Sadly, Fedex has joined them. Incoming ukulele from Elderly has been "out for delivery" and not shown up, "out for delivery" and not been on the truck, "delayed" and now, I have a text and an email from Fedex, both giving different upcoming arrival days.
Here in the PNW, *in my personal experience*, ALL my USPS priority, UPS, FedEx deliveries to my PNW address have been perfect. Includes 3 ukes in the last month plus non-uke purchases..

These spam posts are getting weird. Like, a human definitely wrote that, not a bot. It's the correct subject, on topic, just with a spam link in the middle of it. Who is doing this and why? Why on a ukulele forum of all places?
Agree. They've been ranging from 'remotely related to ukulele' to ones loaded with spam links. I've happened across nearly 20 since the upgraded forum was implemented. I doubt the upgrade was the reason, only that it's easier to spot them! (at least for me)!

Top Bottom