For Sale: Cordoba Mini O-CE

mkatz

Reaction score
For Sale: Cordoba Mini O-CE SOLD

SOLD

For sale is a Cordoba Mini O-CE. It's called a mini guitar but is also known as a guilele. It has a solid ovangkol top with laminated ovangkol back and sides, 20" baritone scale, 1 78" nut, and a built in pickup. I currently have it set up in A-A tuning but it can be tuned E-E with different strings.

If you are thinking of trying a guilele, this is an inexpensive way to get your feet wet with a surprisingly good sounding instrument that is fun and easy to play. And, it's great for travel with the Cordoba gig bag.

They retail new for $329 and you can have this excellent condition pre-owned example for $xxx including paypal and shipping fees. REDUCED to $xxx

MitchIMG_4371.jpgIMG_4372.jpgIMG_4376.jpgIMG_4375.jpg

Last edited:
Reduced to what new price?
Original post says $200. Depending on your answers to your other thread, you should probably jump on this. If you have a strong preference for shorter scale or wider nut, then maybe look elsewhere, but otherwise, this would be a great start to your exploration

Thank you Jim. I think you are right, this is a very good deal. I do like a wider nut width and so I'm somewhat ambivalent, going from foot to foot.

Also, Jim, while I have your ear, I'm a recent member of this forum and have activated my presence but have yet to figure out how to start a thread. I have questions regarding the difference and similarities between Guiteleles, baritone ukuleles, mini-guitars, and 1/4 sized guitars.

Also, Jim, while I have your ear, I'm a recent member of this forum and have activated my presence but have yet to figure out how to start a thread. I have questions regarding the difference and similarities between Guiteleles, baritone ukuleles, mini-guitars, and 1/4 sized guitars.

When you enter a forum such as "Uke Talk" or "Ukulele Marketplace" You'll see a black button just above the name of the forum that says: "+ Post New Thread". It's easy to miss.

Thank you Ken--hopefully I've learned and now I try doing something.

I find myself returning to this guitar--can this guitar be tuned e to e like a normal guitar?

So regular nylon guitar strings will not work?

So regular nylon guitar strings will not work?

They will, but you'll need a higher tension version. A normal tension set will generally feel best up around G tuning. If you stop at E, they are likely to feel loose and sound kinda dead. You'll need to experiment to find the sound/tension you like. With this set, somebody else has done the work on the tension so they work for E. Whether you like their sound/feel is another matter, but at least you'll know they work.

Sorry for the delay in responding. The price has been reduced to $200 and as I said in the original post, this is an inexpensive way to test the waters on a mini guitar/guilele. The dealer I bought it from set it up really well and it sounds and plays very nicely for an instrument in this price range.

Mitch

Mitch;

Well, Mr. Hanks has all but threatened to kick my butt if I don't buy this instrument. So, how do you want the payment? I can send you a check or you can send me a paypal bill.

Evan

Mitch;

Got your PM. I've never initiated a paypal payment, have also received a bill and then paid. I'm having a hard time with the initiation, can you send a bill? Or, if it works for you, just send me an address and I'll send you a check--it's slower, but it works.

Mitch;

Got your PM. I've never initiated a paypal payment, have also received a bill and then paid. I'm having a hard time with the initiation, can you send a bill? Or, if it works for you, just send me an address and I'll send you a check--it's slower, but it works.

Evan, send me your PayPal address and I will send an invoice.

Top Bottom