I inherited a uke colection, and I need help IDing and appraising!

This thread is getting tons of action, but it looks like the person that posted the original message hasn’t even been back on the UU forum in almost a week!!

This thread is getting tons of action, but it looks like the person that posted the original message hasn’t even been back on the UU forum in almost a week!!

OP might have lots of things to attend to in addition to the ukuleles. Just a thought.

Hey everyone!

Sorry for not engaging in this thread over the last week, it's been a super busy time for our family. First, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who offered help and advice here, as well as for your well wishes. It's been pretty incredible to hear all of your feedback, and I definitely appreciate how much love and energy must have gone into this collection.

After reading all of your comments and discussing with the rest of the family, we've decided that we're in no rush to sell and want to fully understand the value of each item before moving anything. To those of you who have reached out about buying particular instruments, give us a little more time to get appraisals in and I'll do my best to get back to you. We'll definitely be posting instruments for sale here (or link to off-forum sales if that's allowed).

That said, we've reached out to two different shops so far for appraisals. I sent the photos off to Gryphon, as well as Tall Toad Music in Petaluma, which is local to me and very well regarded by my musician friends who have dealt with them. If any Bay Area people have other stores who would be worth contacting, I'd love to hear where you think we should go. I don't think there's a downside in getting more opinions.

Again, thank you to everyone who has commented here, and look out for posts about instruments for sale in the coming weeks/months.

Sorry for the loss of your mother. She had great taste in instruments. I agree with the approach you are taking (Gryphon and Tall Toad Music). I’d suggest being deliberate since it is quite a valuable collection. If you have space, you might want to consider learning to play, as it is a wonderful instrument to play and a great community to be part of. I’ll keep my eyes peeled to see what you plan with that Graziano, if you decide to sell.

Very sorry about your mother’s passing. It is hard to imagine that she was not on this list. You have a big job ahead of you, but you have a plan. Do let us know when and what you let fly. Peace.

If some of these make it to the marketplace here at some point I bet there will be good interest. Good luck with dispersal of the Ukes. Maybe consider keeping a few you think you may like to keep and part with the rest however you decide to go about with getting them sold. Best Wishes to you and condolences.

Top Bottom