Hello uke world

...why is this site cutting my posts off after a few words??????????

Welcome. Just post your message again. Seems the forum software has a few glitches.

Welcome to UU diasuke. Please give it another try, it happens sometimes.

I'll try a little at a time, that way I won't loose as much...

Anywho, a lady gave me an Augusto Dias Uke when I was a kid. I'm an avid musician and also a very enthusiastic collector/hobbyist. The Dias got me into the Uke. I first got a Mainland, then a Kala. I eventually lost interest but have lately been obsessed with everything ukulele again. I have sold the Dias but recently purchased an Ohana SK-28 Nunes copy (as well as a cute little Ohana SK-21 for my little girl.)

At any rate, I hope to be spending more time on here in the near future.

Welcome to UU, diasuke!

For the issue that posts are cut:
Copy your post before you paste. The forum hates 'strange' characters (such as the British Pound sign and foreign letters or accents). Try not to use them. If your post gets cut off, edit (=paste over) your faulty post and remove any 'offending' characters you might have overlooked.

This place is great for hanging out and sharing questions, answers, opinions etc about all things uke. The only thing is that it is also time you're not playing ;)

Hi diasuke - Mainland and Kala are great, I have them as well. Sounds like you are starting a nice collection.

When I was 12 years old I played The banjo at my aunt

Whenever I see a post that gets cut off, it almost always ends where an apostrophe was to appear. Not sure why, or maybe it only happens on posts from certain devices or platforms? I use windows PC and Android phones, and it has never happened to me.

Whenever I see a post that gets cut off, it almost always ends where an apostrophe was to appear. Not sure why, or maybe it only happens on posts from certain devices or platforms? I use windows PC and Android phones, and it has never happened to me.

Apostrophes work for me on my Mac. But things like a degree, and most special characters stop the post. Also, the Forum won't allow me to post anything if I am using a VPN. Citing that my IP address is a risk. Oh, well.

There might be a bug in the forum. I figure that it is normal.

Top Bottom