Software

Lifestion

Reaction score
What are some of the software that you use that helps you learn uke? I wonder what are your favorites?

I use U-Chord for my chord reference guide. I use ForScore to organize and display my pdf song sheets. I use Ultimate Guitar Tabs and DoctorUke for finding tunes. I use Chordy for chording music I can't find already chorded. That's about it.

I can’t speak to what would be best for a beginner - though I suspect any spare time is better spent practicing than fiddling with software.

As an intermediate player I use ForScore for organizing some scores, but mostly I still prefer paper.

I prefer finger style and have an eclectic taste in music. If I’m lucky enough to find a YouTube video of someone playing something I’m interested in it is just as likely that there is no written music for it. I use MuseScore for transcribing tunes to the uke. I find writing out he music very helpful when learning a new tune, so this is works well for me.

I feel like software that helps us improve or record our experiences with ukes are the ones that we use a lot.

The Photos app on my iPad. I take pictures of a piece of sheet music and then edit in Photos to decipher the notation because I’m not great at sight-reading and then use another picture I made of tab and begin to move one to the other to arrange the piece how I want.

And I record a lot of videos of me practicing because I find it keeps me from wandering to different, more well-known pieces when I mess up and get frustrated.

I usually use different pdf tutorials and other video lessons. Mainly sue phone for studying with many additional apps like online pdf scanner which help to scan and read different pdf files and share them with friends by email.

Last edited:
Yeah, those pdfs are great resources. Video editing apps and any music related have been great for me.

I use OnSong to organize my song library. Right now I have over 4,000 chord sheets stored on my tablet using OnSong. And I can easily change the key of the song.
Ultimate Guitaris a website that offers hundreds or thousands of chord sheets.

Don’t know if this helps

I use OnSong to organize my song library. Right now I have over 4,000 chord sheets stored on my tablet using OnSong. And I can easily change the key of the song.
Ultimate Guitaris a website that offers hundreds or thousands of chord sheets.

Don’t know if this helps

Too bad that's Apple-only. They're missing a huge audience. I use MobileSheetsPro ($12) on my Kindle.

EDIT: It's sold by subscription! That's a shame. I either buy software outright, or I don't buy it at all.

Scan Score is a decent software I use. It accepts either pdfs or image files (as from a scanner), and converts them to computer scores, which can be transposed, printed, edited etc. Pretty useful

Last edited:
Top Bottom