Hello from San Francisco

Hennared

Reaction score
Thank you for accepting me to this forum. I am a retired teacher living in San Francisco with a passion for the ukulele. I hope to be able to contribute and learn from your collective knowledge.
I play tenor and in time I have collected a few instruments.
Thank you again and see you in the forum.

Welcome to UU, Hannared!

You'll find many others who are passionate about ukes here. Look out for a couple of posts about virtual uke jams (still over Zoom), there will surely be one that is held in a time slot that fits you. You can also ask around for groups in SF to join when local infection and vaccination rates allow for physical meetings.

Enjoy your tenors!

Hi Hannared - welcome to the forums. Hope to read about your collection.

Welcome from a City boy, now living on the Peninsula. Hope you can join in-person meetups soon.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy Ukulele Underground and find the forums helpful.

If you're looking for local ukulele communities, please feel free to check out San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion, a group at meetup.com that, prior to the pandemic, met in the city of San Francisco twice a month to jam. We now meet on Zoom on Saturday evenings, but we're looking into restarting in-person meetups in an outdoor setting for those of us who are masked and vaccinated. Other local communities include the Peninsula Ukulele Group (PUG), an ukulele group in Oakland, and marinUkes in the North Bay.

Welcome Hannared! Love the City by the Bay! I'm a displaced Californian, now a proud Texan. My wife had never seen California, so I took her on a three week car trip up the coast from San Diego to Humbolt, then back down on the inland side. She (and I) loved San Francisco! We had so much fun in your city. Now I sit around playing "San Francisco" daydreaming about the time I was 21 years old, and drove up from LA listening to that song over and over. The wife and I spent half a day riding your "On and Off" bus. Got off at Haight Ashbury, and wound up buying some great tie dye shirts! Wore one yesterday. Love and Peace, Bro! :shaka:

Welcome to UU, Hannared!

You'll find many others who are passionate about ukes here. Look out for a couple of posts about virtual uke jams (still over Zoom), there will surely be one that is held in a time slot that fits you. You can also ask around for groups in SF to join when local infection and vaccination rates allow for physical meetings.

Enjoy your tenors!

Thank you and great, I am looking forward for the Uke jam on zoom.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy Ukulele Underground and find the forums helpful.
you're looking for local ukulele communities, please feel free to check out San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion, a group at meetup.com that, prior to the pandemic, met in the city of San Francisco twice a month to jam. We now meet on Zoom on Saturday evenings, but we're looking into restarting in-person meetups in an outdoor setting for those of us If who are masked and vaccinated. Other local communities include the Peninsula Ukulele Group (PUG), an ukulele group in Oakland, and marinUkes in the North Bay.
Thank you! I have heard of the Uke-Rebellion group, they meet in a cafe' on Balboa street and also heard of another group meeting at Andronico's, now that I am retired i will reach out and try to strum with them.

Hi Hennared, Welcome to the UU Forum.

Congrats on your retirement. And thank you for your years of being a teacher.

I also prefer playing tenors. They just fit me better than the other sizes.

Glad you found us and hope you enjoy the Forum.

Welcome, you will for sure be a great addition. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you! I have heard of the Uke-Rebellion group, they meet in a cafe' on Balboa street and also heard of another group meeting at Andronico's, now that I am retired i will reach out and try to strum with them.

I run Ukulele Rebellion. We used to meet at La Promenade Cafe on Balboa on the third Saturday of every month and at Andronicos (although they began renovating the space we use there before the pandemic hit) on the second Monday of each month. We'd also meet at the Chinese Pavillion at Stow lake in Golden Gate park from time to time. I'm hopeful that we'll someday be able to return to those in-person meetups. The best way to stay apprised of what rebellion is doing is to join the group at the meetup website. There's another group that used to meet on the first Monday of each month at Andronicos to play Hawaiian music. I don't have contact information for that group but could probably find it for you if they begin meeting there again.

Top Bottom