New Nutfile holder

Codeman

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I've designed a new nutfile holder that uses the cheapie welder tip reamers. I just used it to lower the slots on my new Acacia Kala Baritone and it works great. Took me about 15 minutes. It holds the files in place allowing them to be flipped over and used twice. It also protects the tip of the file so you don't ding up the headstock if you slip. I include a string height gauge for free with the holder and set of files.

Let me know what you think.

Nutfiles.com

Steve

That looks like a great solution for the occasional user who has the urge to improve an instrument. Special nut files are quite costly (and worth it if you do a lot of setups) but this gets the price of admission down to the level where it's reasonable for folks who want to do their own setups. Well done, Steve!

Thanks!

I appreciate you taking the time to respond!I've put quite a bit of work into this product and hope it makes its way into the Uke community. It's a very functional and inexpensive way to lower your action and make your Uke a lot more enjoyable to use. Now if I can get people to not be so afraid of messing about with their uke, we'll be all set !

Best,
Steve
Nutfiles.com

That looks like a great solution for the occasional user who has the urge to improve an instrument. Special nut files are quite costly (and worth it if you do a lot of setups) but this gets the price of admission down to the level where it's reasonable for folks who want to do their own setups. Well done, Steve!

It seems that players who dig a little bit into the mechanics of their instrument can often make adjustments that improve their playing experience. Fiddling around with nuts and saddles isn't very hard or complicated. There's a vast amount of information online that explains the basics of the setup process (and the complexities, if you want to go there). If the changes prove unhelpful, it's easy to do a fix. Bone and sandpaper are cheap enough and the worst case scenario is that one might have to make a new one.

Top Bottom