Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from Sheffield (UK)

Hi dr_Mitch! Welcome to the UU Forum. Glad you found us.

UAS can be a powerful drug. Set your limits before it gets too strong. Then have fun.

If you're looking for a nice soprano, S Wales luthier, Kevin Mulcock of KM ukuleles makes some very reasonably priced beauties, but he had to suspend operations for a while. He works full time in the NHS as an ODP (Operating Department Practitioner), and the pandemic is more urgent and demanding of his time. I don't know his current situation. But,he's worth a look: km-ukuleles.com

Cheers!
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Hello dr_mitch! I am just down the road from you in Derbyshire.

I am putting a couple of ukes up on the for sale section soon if you want a really, really good soprano and can collect locally.

Ha ha, thanks again. I'm glad my experiences are relatable to other beginners and those who remember being beginners. I will browse the For Sale section. I also have lustful thoughts about the KM Ukuleles. Objects of beauty.

And I definitely want to try out a baritone at some point. What I'll probably do is move eventually to something really nice in my preferred size (at the moment I really like my Snail tenor while recognising it's still a laminate beginner's instrument, but we'll see how I get on with a functional soprano).

Welcome to this lovely forum! I enjoyed reading your post.

Welcome from the other side of the Pennines.
    One luthier that you should look up is Rob Collins as Tinguitar. He's based in Hebden Bridge. I haven't got one of his ukes (yet) but the reviews are amazing.
    Check out gotaukulele website for reviews on all types of ukes.
    Good luck.
    Ukuleles owned:-
    Laka VUC50 Soprano
    Laka LK-JBC Joe Brown Concert
    Rubin RS101 Zebrawood Soprano
    Barnes & Mullins UBJ1 Concert Banjolele
    Sinye YA26 Mahogany Tenor

Thanks again. I do really like the gotaukulele site - some tips and lots of fair reviews. It's thanks to that site that I bought my latest ukulele - a Cort Soprano, which is now the most beautiful one I own, and my first all-solid wood. It's good to see there are several UK-based luthiers that people are recommending too.

Welcome aboard! Yes, Got A Ukulele is about the best review site you could find. Baz really knows what he's doing.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information