Season 482 - I'm Entirely Not Sure

RAB11

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the thoroughly prepared-for Season 482!

This week's theme is brought to you both by my complete lack of inspiration and a t-shirt I wore in a video a few weeks ago that had people vexed and perplexed.

SO the theme this week is things that the narrator does not know. Something mysterious, confusing, or simply just a secret or gap in one's knowledge. You don't know what you don't know but this week I want to find out exactly that!

Originals, collaborations and multitracks are very welcome. No song limits.

The prize this week will be a replica of said shirt, which I will show off in the thread when I can find the bloody thing!

We're still well over 12 hours away from things kicking off though so please don't abandon Val in her hour of need!

Playlist to be added when there is something to put in it.

Edit: Now with added PLAYLIST

Last edited:
I know NOTHING!!!! Are you asking us to tell you all our darkest secrets, Ryan???? Hmm ... interesting!

Gday Ryan, I think this satisfies the brief...though I'm not entirely sure..so I guess that means yes. I always was impressed by the lyrics of this Carla Bruni song. Especially from someone for whom English was not their first language. Only today I found out she set to music a poem by W.H. Auden. On reflections some of the references are very English...tea cups, golf links, summer croquet...She did a fine job with the music, with a lot of melodic variations but the poetry fully preserved. If you are hoping I'm singing in a sexy Italo - French accent...sorry.

Where am I goin'?
I don't know
Where am I headin'?
I ain't certain
All I know
Is I am on my way
When will I be there?
I don't know
When will I get there?
I ain't certain
All that I know
Is I am on my way ...

Here’s a car tune. Can’t go wrong with Sam Cooke!

Thanks for hosting RAB.This was a hit for Dean Martin amongst others.I do know why

Hey, Ryan! Thanks for hosting!

The universe is an inconceivably, mind bogglingly vast, ancient and mysterious place. Its secrets uncountable and unknowable. Since the very dawn of man our most brilliant minds have pondered these mysteries. Seeking answers to the biggest questions.
Why are we here?
Are we alone in the universe?
What awaits us in the next life?
And maybe the biggest question of all...
Who the hell thought ex Arsenal and Scotland goalkeeper Bob Wilson was the man to front a TV show?

Great turn out for day 1! Been a bit manic at Casa Del RABB so i haven't had the chance to listen at all but the playlist is now up to date!

This beautiful song by Snow Patrol is reminiscing about a past love - wondering if (and hoping that) they are happy and fulfilled. With our host’s kind permission I’d like to do a multitrack version of this one later in the week? Thanks for hosting,Ryan! :)

Hi. I don't know whether this tune fits the theme. So I guess it does? Been working on this instrumental for an upcoming virtual open mic. Curious what you guys think about it?

I Don't Know Why I Love You But I Do - by Paul Gayton & Bobby Charles
from the singing of Clarence Frogman Henry
ab37frogmanhenry.jpg Frogman blue piano.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting Ryan! I appreciate your honesty about the last minute decision on the theme. I've definitely been there before :) Here, i'm inferring from the narrators lyrics, that he doesn't need to know any longer what's coming. He's just enjoying the ride without any expectations. It's a cool place to be, and I think as i've gotten older, I find myself viewing things from a similar perspective ~

A cover of a Jim Horne song
It is difficult to understand that we may suffer under leadership tht is supposed
to have our best interests at heart. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Here's one from the long tradition of Bob Dylan bitter break up songs, where the narrator spends four verses not understanding why he's been rejected and why his ex won't talk to him, then eventually decides to act the same way himself.

I added a harmonica, because it's a Dylan song so of course I did. I don't really know how to play harmonica, I just alternately suck and blow. But that seemed to be perfectly fine here, so that's what I did.

Top Bottom