What strings do YOU have on your Tiny Tenor?

cyber3d

Reaction score
Just curious. I currently have PhD Fluorocarbon strings.

The original Pepe Romero, low g.

I have Low-G Living Waters strings on my Tiny Tenor. I believe High-g Worth Clears were on it when I bought it used. I like the Low-G better.

I recently put a Pepe Romero/Bella Low-G set of strings on another tenor and I am very pleased with the sound and feel. I'll probably change to those when these string wear out.

D'Addario Titanium high G. They're really thick, but very slick and smooth.

Worth Clears with a low G on my Spalted Mango TT. Sounds pretty good!

I have the original strings on most of my ukes.

Time to replace 100 sets of strings!!! ;) Seriously, if they're more than a year old, you'll be amazed at the difference.

I back-ordered a set of Galli UX770 Fluorocarbon Professional Series Ukulele Strings, Tenor. Still waiting on them.

Anyone have experience with these?

How are those strings working out for you?

Yuk. The PhDs (which are still on the TT) are just not cutting it. I thought I'd keep them on in case the dead sound was the humidity. But, I'm convinced they are shot. I'm going to try the Gali strings this week. BTW, they were back-ordered for a very long time. Just recently got them in the mail.

Last edited:
Ok, FWIW. I put the Galli UX770 Fluorocarbon Professional Series Ukulele Strings on the TT.

Strings I, II, and III all have a much higher tension than IV. My tenors all have steel wound G's and the Galli's Low-G (IV) is just too thin and too low in tension for my taste. I really did not expect the Low-G fluorocarbon string to be SO different in tension. I can't get used to it.

So, I put the LaBella wound IV back on, and now the TT plays and sounds perfect IMO. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

I had a set of Living Water tenor strings and a LaBella 908 classical guitar string as a Low G on my Mahogany Tiny Tenor for well over a year and it sounded fantastic. I recently switched over to a set of Uke Logic Soft High G strings just for variety. They're still settling in and the jury is out as to whether I'll keep them or switch back to a Low G set. They sound fine but I'm getting the feeling that the Tiny Tenor is really a Low G uke.

I ordered a set of Low G Tenor and a set of High G tenor PHD strings from strings by mail. They came in on Friday. I put the Low G set on my Tiny Tenor and the High G set n my Kamaka Tenor. So far, I am really impressed with the PHDs on both ukuleles. I like the feel of the strings. I like the tone that they produce. And, the intonation is spot on. I couldn’t be more pleased. They are so easy to play

Tom

I still have the Romero Low G set that came with my Spalted Mango Tiny Tenor and I think it is a good set, but I'm sure it can benefit from better strings . After reading through this thread I am inclined to try any of the ones mentioned. Which one, I'm not sure yet. Thanks for all the informative posts!

Top Bottom