Brueko guitar, mahogany baritone, Boosey & Hawkes tenor, tiny iUke (UK only)

chris667

Reaction score
Hello folks,

We're about to do a lot of building work on our house, and rather than put everything in storage I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in any of these:

1. Brueko twen guitar with soft case and spare strings. These are extremely hard to find in the UK, which is why I bought one from Germany. Solid spruce top, solid okume back and sides and alder neck. Sounds lovely. 100GBP for this, which is what I paid Dave King Acoustics to have a new bridge fitted. No issues and an ideal introduction to guitars. Waaaay better than one of those Yamaha things.
  2. Blue Moon mahogany baritone with soft case and some spare low G strings. Nothing wrong with it, but not my thing. 30GBP for this, which I reckon is a bargain for an all-solid mahogany uke.
  3. Brueko no.6 with hard case. This has not been played much. A Brueko no.6 could easily be my only uke - but so could all the others! I have six Bruekos, it's getting silly. This one has Worth Browns fitted. 120, please.
  4. SOLDBoosey & Hawkes/Brueko tenor uke ca. 1950. I bought this from Fidra Ukulele original advert here. The action was rather high, so I had the bridge altered by Sven Nystrom of Argapa ukuleles. The original advert doesn't mention that at some point someone tried to convert this to a string-through bridge. Sven said it has no structural issues, and I have been playing it for years - it's fine! Has top quality Grover tuners, and comes with new fluorocarbon strings and a hard case. 200GBP for this please.
  5. Teeny tiny iUke. Silly but fun. Tuned a full octave above a standard uke. 30GBP please.
Collection from Belper, Derbyshire, or postage at cost. International postage is ludicrously expensive at the minute; I am not sure it's worth posting any of these internationally.

Last edited:
Video samples here - I will try to do some for the other two later:

Last edited:
Top Bottom