I wrote AudaRecorder, a free software to automate Audacity sound recorder

wqking

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since I've been recording my playing frequently for practice purpose, and I found Audacity is not that effective to use for many recordings in a row, I created a tool that can help to use Audacity recorder efficiently. The tool can run on Windows, it's freeware. It has the features of,

• System wide hotkeys to start recording, stop recording, pause and resume recording.
  • Automatically save the recorded file after finishing the recording. The file name is auto generated.
  • Free to use. No Ads, no any limitations.
  • Green software. No need to install. AudaRecorder doesn't write any data on your system. It only saves the configuration file to its own folder, and it stores recorded sound files to your specified folder.

This is my side projects, and it's the first release (version 1.0.0), so it may have issues or bugs, if you find any, please let me know.
You may also share any your feedback.
Hope it can help you. Now when I need to record the sound, I always use it.

You can download it and read the document on my personal website,
https://www.kbasm.com/apps/auda-recorder

What a great idea, and nice of you to release it to the world for free. Have you thought about sending the code to Audacity? Maybe they could include it in an update.

What a great idea, and nice of you to release it to the world for free. Have you thought about sending the code to Audacity? Maybe they could include it in an update.

The code is not compatible with the technology used in Audacity, so it's not useful to give them the code.
However, if we the users can persuade Audacity developers to add these features, it's not difficult to add to Audacity.

Ah well, too bad. That’s a good point. And still very nice of you.

Sounds very nice! I'm so uninformed about recording. May I ask a dumb question? Do you get a better quality of recording using Audacity than you would using YouTube or some other ubiquitas recording function on the computer?

Thank you for this. What language did you write it in?

Sounds very nice! I'm so uninformed about recording. May I ask a dumb question? Do you get a better quality of recording using Audacity than you would using YouTube or some other ubiquitas recording function on the computer?

Audacity can record in highest quality. There are other recording software can do the same thing, Audacity is not the only choice.

Thank you for this. What language did you write it in?

I create it using AutoIt, a BASIC-like script.

I create it using AutoIt, a BASIC-like script.

This looks like a great scripting language to do exactly what you did. Perhaps I'll put it on my to-do list (near the bottom)to learn. It might be interesting to create something like you did for moving around UUForum quickly - unless you would like to do it before I get to it manana ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom