Kanikapila Tuesday! - Ukulele & community

dcw uke

Reaction score
I'm a beginner (nearing my first year of playing). Picked up the ukulele during quarantine. One of the things that I love about the instrument, something that's caused me to stick with it is the community that happens around it. Both online and in person, meeting and creating relationships around a mutual interest. I recently started a uke group in our church. I lead it but we learn from some of the great tutorials found on YouTube. As I looked around the room, I noticed we had bartenders, school teachers, doctors and students hanging out together, giving each other tips. These are people that more than likely wouldn't be hanging out together, but that little instrument sort of levels the social playing field. Gives us reason to understand each other better. Kanikapila. :cool:
181792682_3882888121760838_181477547652461403_n.jpg

Very cool. Nice to see the physical community coming slowly back to life.

That's the general consensus, the uke is a great way to bring people together. Jake always says if everyone in the government played uke, there would be no arguments.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

That's the general consensus, the uke is a great way to bring people together. Jake always says if everyone in the government played uke, there would be no arguments.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Ha ha, Jake doesn't know the US government. Those fools would argue about which key to play in, or something else!

Top Bottom