Season 483

bonesigh

Reaction score
Perhaps the word is new to you but I...... I am confused as to why my thread will not post properly!!
Perhaps the word is new to you but I’m certain some of your favorite songs have it :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melisma

I will be posting a song for Ryan’s as an example.
Just to give you an idea of what I’m looking for.

Originals are welcome, but they must draw out a word or two!

Rules.

Season runs from the start of Sunday Hawaiian time and ends the following Sunday.

Songs must be newly recorded for, and state somewhere that it is for, Season 483.

Ukulele must be clearly audible and prominent, but other instruments are allowed in the mix.

You can do a simple straight to camera take of your song, or a multitracked special in stereo surround sound and all points in between, whatever works for you.

I’m really excited to see what you bring so we’ll have a 2 song a day limit so I can keep up.

Any lurkers, or shy would-be Seasonistas, no time like the present for taking that first step and posting a video. This is a wonderful community of uke players and we always welcomes newcomers.

Have fun...
PLAY LIST:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCDBKd_O5gDXBq2M254qehpredrg-hXK

Last edited:
Meantime I'm off to look up Melismatic Music !!

UhOh.....:confused::rofl:

Last edited:
I don’t know how to delete the first thread that I put up. It was all done and correct but twice it only posted part of the sentence. I edited the second post and added all the information. Typical, computers go haywire around me :)

*learning something new every day on the seasons. m is for melisma*

the forum seems to be truncating text, most often when there is a special character, like an e acute. i think only moderators can delete a thread. you've done everything you can, with the message in red in the opening post of your other thread, alerting people to come here instead

Thanks Linda. It’s such a shame that it’s doing that. Even on the other thread I made if you click on the lightbulb instead of the text it takes you somewhere else… It’s a Mystery that perhaps belongs on Ryan’s Season!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet Dreeeeeeeeeeam Baby
i'm not quite sure it was 'melisma' when Roy Orbison sang it, and i'm even less sure it is when i sing it ... but here goes ...

A bit of melisma through the song... a miasma of melisma at the end.
Thanks Janet.

An interesting theme, Janet! Having regarded YouTube for elucidation, I must admit that I am still somewhat baffled! ("Melisma" sounds confusingly like "melasma", which is a skin condition resulting in freckles - of which I have plenty!) I shall bide my time and let others lead by example!

I dated a girl while I was an undergrad named Melisma.

It didn't last long. She was all over the place.

Would this count?

Just kidding! :cool:

I dated a girl while I was an undergrad named Melisma.

It didn't last long. She was all over the place.

I wanted to join the circus as a contortionist but everybody said it was a twisted idea.
I then nearly dropped everything to become a juggler.
finally I found my vocation to become a mime but I kept quiet about it.

Top Bottom