Season 483

The forum keeps glitching and taking out things that I have written
II actually have Trigaminal Neuremalgia which is way worse than a tooth ache I have been very busy but I will get to the seasons tomorrow. I am quite sure it will be tomorrow tomorrow I love you tomorrow you’re only a day away

Last edited:
I got Bells Palsy back in October and things just aren’t the same. But, I’m trying.
so sorry to hear that, janet.

Siigghhhh, lol

gah nightmare of truncation for me too! gonna try and select and copy my blurb before hitting "post" so i can edit it all back in if it gets messed up again!

another "swee-eee-eee-eeet" song - melismatic music was huge in elizabethan times. this was a massive hit back in the day, i well remember seeing it on "ye toppe of ye poppes" back in the late 1500's

hats off to geoff tootler who worked out the chords for this for me, back in 2014 for a version we did together. thanks again geoff!

Last edited:
A melismatic classic from Steve Harley and Cocknel Rebel. Make me smi-i-i-ile! Running wi-i-i-ild!

This is supposed to be quite an angry song, sharing Steve Harley's feelings about the original Cockney Rebel split. My attempt doesn't sound very angry, I'm afraid. Also, I'm pretty sure the original didn't have a Wurlitzer. The song also includes some of the greatest pauses in rock and roll history, so I hope I've done them justice:

There is a marvellous cover by The Wedding Present, which I gather is the only one Steve Harley liked, because it was delivered with appropriate venom. It's worth seeing their performance of it on Top of the Pops - I found it hilarious because they were forced to mime and obviously didn't want to. The double necked guitar playing is particularly entertaining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKuY2Ebe4So

The lads ended this one with some back-masking. That's above my paygrade.

So here's the unadulterated version.

Thanks for hosting, Janet!

Jtstream, your words posted but the video didn’t ):

I will post comments tomorrow. I’m done in today with a horrible tooth ache that the Dr. says needs a root canal, waaaahh! My own personal melisma this week. It started on Friday and won’t be done until Thursday!! Oh woe is meeeee!

Jtstream, your words posted but the video didn't ):

Curious. It looks okay to me, but then it was me who posted it, so who knows what the forum has been up to. Here it is again anyway: https://youtu.be/DiDXUMt32FA

I will post comments tomorrow. I'm done in today with a horrible tooth ache that the Dr. says needs a root canal, waaaahh! My own personal melisma this week. It started on Friday and won’t be done until Thursday!! Oh woe is meeeee!

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, I hope it's better soon.

P.S. Well that was exciting, this is the first time I've been bitten by the forum bug that truncates posts. It was truncating in the middle of the quote - it seems your apostrophe is not the one off the keyboard, but rather a "right single quotation mark" which makes the forum unhappy. I guess these are the things we need to put up with when the forum software is years old! But with my programmer hat on, it makes me wonder what other horrors are lurking in the forum code...

Last edited:
Heart and Soul

Willie DeVille is a long time favorite of mine, and this song has some melismAoism to it. Hope you all like it.

Hello, Janet and thank you for hosting this week ... I do hope your tooth is better soon; root canal ... aargh!!! I'm a bit late this week because, for reasons too complicated to explain, I am having to record on my Chromebook at the moment and I had ordered a microphone to improve the recordings. I am still waiting for it, since it is coming by UPS, who very much resent the fact that they have to go "off piste" to deliver up the hill to us. This, then, is the un-enhanced version ... I THINK it might qualify as melismatic singing.

Last edited:
Basically the first paragraph on the Wikipedia page mentioned this one so someone had to do it.

Actually the easiest one I've done this week.

Hey all. What a day! First and emergency root canal today instead of the scheduled one tomorrow. The pain was excruciating every 2 hours throughout the night (then I’d take a Tylenol/codeine)....suffer for a half hour. Then do it all over again!
After my root canal was done, halfway anyway. Get home and when the numbing agent wore off my top teeth above the lower back root canal started to hurt worse than before!!!

Oh, it’s such a long story. 911 and half my face numbed at the emergency room I anxiously await the return of pain (please let it not return)!!!!!!

Obviously no commenting will get done today. Sorry ) :

The genres I like most that use melisma a lot are probably soul and rhythm & blues.

So, here is an original written for this week which explores the Wilson Picket/Sam Cooke side of my soul. I hope you like:

A sort of gospel version of an old favourite.

Sorry to read of your root canal problem, I always say that Root Canal is like s** Creek, you don't want to
navigate either of them waters !!

oh and Bumpy tagged along too.................

I'm having production issues with my main DAW and mics, to get any significant sound signal it is attended with unwanted hisses or rumbles and drones.

I ended up recording the piano part on the pianoes memory and sending it via usb to the computer and direct to camera mic and then mixed them in cubase.....bloody microphones grrrrr.

Last edited:
Hey again! After I wrote the last message I had to go to the emergency again. The first time Dr. knew what he was doing and I was pain free for about 5 hours, maybe. It was supposed to last 10 to 14 hours. I guess my nerves are persistent. There was nothing else to do but go back to the emergency room. My family and I spent over six hours there and didn’t get home till like 1:30 in the morning. And I was still in pain! I took way too many pain pills and was eventually able to fall asleep.
I woke up every two hours and had to take more pills. Made it through the night call the doctor at 7:30 in the morning and they actually called me back! What a shocker! This doctor promised to send in some more pain killer cause I’m out. It is 430 here and I still don’t have it.
I’ll have a lot of catching up to do. But hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get back into the Season. Take care y’all.

Top Bottom