Thread: Ortega RUHZ-MM Concert - REVIEW

Default Ortega RUHZ-MM Concert - REVIEW

Another Ortega on the reviews bench. Mixed bag, but on the whole a positive.
    https://www.gotaukulele.com/2021/05/...m-concert.html
    Got A Ukulele - leading independent uke review site

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert

I'm always really surprised how popular ukes with those Fender style headstocks are. I don't like them either but for some reason I don't think the one on the Ortega is awful. Maybe it's the wavy shape of the headstock or the tuners that are reversed from the usual but for some reason I don't find that headstock as offensive as on many other ukes (and I'm of course exaggerating there, I don't actually find them offensive per se ).

Otherwise, I'm actually slightly positively surprised by some of these Ortega ukes. I've previously regarded them as more of a bargain basement brand but they seem to be making decent laminate ukes at least. Maybe they've stepped up their game lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post

Otherwise, I'm actually slightly positively surprised by some of these Ortega ukes. I've previously regarded them as more of a bargain basement brand but they seem to be making decent laminate ukes at least. Maybe they've stepped up their game lately.
    Yes, I'm sensing they have - though hard not to get a few over the line when you consider how enormous their range is! Their quality control is still not up to standard though i don't think.
    Got A Ukulele - leading independent uke review site

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert

Thread Information