Ortega RUHZ-MM Concert - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I'm always really surprised how popular ukes with those Fender style headstocks are. I don't like them either but for some reason I don't think the one on the Ortega is awful. Maybe it's the wavy shape of the headstock or the tuners that are reversed from the usual but for some reason I don't find that headstock as offensive as on many other ukes (and I'm of course exaggerating there, I don't actually find them offensive per se :D).

Otherwise, I'm actually slightly positively surprised by some of these Ortega ukes. I've previously regarded them as more of a bargain basement brand but they seem to be making decent laminate ukes at least. Maybe they've stepped up their game lately.

Otherwise, I'm actually slightly positively surprised by some of these Ortega ukes. I've previously regarded them as more of a bargain basement brand but they seem to be making decent laminate ukes at least. Maybe they've stepped up their game lately.

Yes, I'm sensing they have - though hard not to get a few over the line when you consider how enormous their range is! Their quality control is still not up to standard though i don't think.

Top Bottom