• more than 100

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last edited:
I only have one out at a time, otherwise people ask hard-to-answer questions about how may I need. So 1.:D

I'm currently up to 7 and even though I said the same thing at 2, 3 etc., this is it! I counted my banjolele which is pretty much a niche-type instrument I use for only certain music and I kind of consider it a different animal than a standard uke. In the last year or so I've been playing my thinline Bonanza almost exclusively because it is most comfortable to play when I'm in my easy chair. Before that I was playing at a desk in a regular chair so I rotated my ukes a lot more. I feel like I'd like to sell one or two but I'd really be hard-pressed to pick which one(s). I have one in mind but even so, I'm afraid I might regret it if I sold it.

I have 2 but I want 4. Got a KTO-10 coming this week :D

Is the one voting for more than 100 a Ukulele shop owner? ;)
I have 2 for now. I got the second one to "replace" the previous one. Most likely I will keep playing only one.

Now up to 19 in the house, with one more preordered (Flight A10 FM arriving in July) and another set to be a birthday gift to my wife next month. All were acquired in the last 6 months. Plan is to get two more, a Risa LP and a cedar top tenor, and then stop.

I have four total. My good soprano (Martin S2), my good tenor (Martin T1K), my cheapy laminate soprano (my first Uke, I now use it for travel), and my banjo uke (Gold Tone).

I have 8 high G tenor ukes and 28 bass ukes/mini bass guitars.

Ukulele Collection wide.jpg

Bass Collection.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
I re-checked my "friends," and I have 101. No, I'm not a dealer. I've got to start selling some of these. Below is a link to pictures of most of them. The clock uke took some doing. I had to find the right uke and the right clock so they would fit together. I can rotate the clock so it is right-side-up when I'm playing it. The one with the LED lights is fun. The lights can blink in various patterns and light up in different colors. Both are playable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uot3qLhAM3gMR9tu7

Last edited:
I re-checked my "friends," and I have 101. No, I'm not a dealer. I've got to start selling some of these. Below is a link to pictures of most of them. The clock uke took some doing. I had to find the right uke and the right clock so they would fit together. I can rotate the clock so it is right-side-up when I'm playing it. The one with the LED lights is fun. The lights can blink in various patterns and light up in different colors. Both are playable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uot3qLhAM3gMR9tu7
I always enjoy seeing your friends :)
lots of new faces! Amazing group of friends!
you must tell me more about the solid body fluke and the DaSilva!

I have a hard time getting to my 4 over the course of a two week time frame. I like that they are all a little different. I'd like to buy and try more but really, I don't need or want anymore. Well ok I'd go back and buy that longneck soprano Kinnard I had in my had one time if I could.......even though still don't know that I could justify the purchase. I have some nice uke's for sure so I'll just keep on playing, learning, having fun....

I always enjoy seeing your friends :)
lots of new faces! Amazing group of friends!
you must tell me more about the solid body fluke and the DaSilva!

The solid body came from a member here. It's something different from the Magic Fluke, and it sounds great (low-G) with an amp. I'm attracted to ukes that are different, and you don't see many of these. The DaSilva is the James Hill model. I saw it on Ukulele Friend, and I was hooked. It looks beautiful, and it has a great sound. Naturally, I like the connection to James Hill. I certainly didn't pay anywhere near the $3,400 that HMS was asking. : )

Fluke: https://www.magicfluke.com/Magic-Fluke-Solid-Body-Fluke-p/fluke-sb.htm
James Hill: https://theukulelesite.com/dasilva-custom-tenor-james-hill-model.html

The solid body came from a member here. It's something different from the Magic Fluke, and it sounds great (low-G) with an amp. I'm attracted to ukes that are different, and you don't see many of these. The DaSilva is the James Hill model. I saw it on Ukulele Friend, and I was hooked. It looks beautiful, and it has a great sound. Naturally, I like the connection to James Hill. I certainly didn't pay anywhere near the $3,400 that HMS was asking. : )

Fluke: https://www.magicfluke.com/Magic-Fluke-Solid-Body-Fluke-p/fluke-sb.htm
James Hill: https://theukulelesite.com/dasilva-custom-tenor-james-hill-model.html
Thank you!
If you decide to sell either ping me ;-)

5. Which considering I have only been playing for 3 and a half months suggests a problem. In my defence, the first rubbish cheapo does not count, right, even if I included in the five. I probably will not buy more for a while - I am very happy with my Snail tenor and Cort soprano.

5. Which considering I have only been playing for 3 and a half months suggests a problem. In my defence, the first rubbish cheapo does not count, right, even if I included in the five. I probably will not buy more for a while - I am very happy with my Snail tenor and Cort soprano.

Nah! No Problem! :) Part of the learning experience is learning about the looks and sounds. It's hard to buy 5 pianos to spend time playing each of them, but it's so very easy to buy a few ukuleles and learn the differences.

Top Bottom