Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 41-50

• 51-100

• more than 100

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
I have 6; but I only really just play 1. Should sell some.

I have 7 but they're all for different things. My Kanile'a is for practicing at home. I don't take it anywhere. My tenor Kala is for taking places. The tenor Risa is for playing with my amp and effects. The Flight concert soundwave is just because it's super fun to play with the effects and wow people. The Enya concert is a beater uke I don't play anymore. I let visitors play it. The Enya Soprano is my backpacking uke. And the Ohana Sopranino is for noodling around when I want to play something small or taking places the Kala tenor is too big.

Last edited:
Nah! No Problem! :) Part of the learning experience is learning about the looks and sounds. It's hard to buy 5 pianos to spend time playing each of them, but it's so very easy to buy a few ukuleles and learn the differences.

Yeah, I wanted to try out different sizes and shapes - and then I needed to make sure I had something from solid wood to both replace the rubbish soprano to both see if I liked the size with a good uke and to see if there's a big difference to laminate to my ears (spoiler - I do, and there is for me a big difference and it's beautiful - that's going to cost me later on). Thanks for, erm, giving me permission. ;)

Still just 3.

...but also an open back banjo, two acoustic guitars (just got the 2nd), a Tele, and a few harmonica's.

Harmonicas? Please, don't make me have to gather and count all my harmonicas. :D

I think I only have 5, but it would be nice to have a full set of standard richter tuned diatonics plus maybe a few in altered tunings. I spent enough time on them to get the basics of playing single notes, basic tongue blocking techniques, and bends, but haven't spent enough time with them to really learn much repoitoire or be very solid technique-wise. They are fun though and I do from time to time mess with trying to play my old-time banjo/fiddle tunes on them. Maybe someday I'll commit some real time to them so I can hang in a jam.

Random soprano at my parents - I forget the brand
Luna tenor (re-entrant & acoustic)
RISA LP tenor (linear & electric)

1...soon to be 2! :) My Cordoba 15CM is celebrating its first birthday, and I just ordered a Kala KA-ACP-CTG (concert with solid cedar top), heavily influenced by all the raves it's gotten here over the years.

Top Bottom