Venus (Frankie Avalon)

John,

What a great version of this classic! Thanks so much for sharing with us. Oddly enough, our local television news was doing a story about a new In-N-Out burger locations outside Portland right before I watched your video. Coincidence? :)

Bill

Thanks, Bill! That's an interesting coincidence! I've actually never been to an In-N-Out, but I hear good things about it! :)

Your videos always bring me back memories. Here I thought of transistor radios in my pocket powered by a 9v battery. Thanks!

Thanks, rainbow21! I had one of those, too, and it was a big part of my falling in love with music! :)

As usual great. I had a 9V also, little grey one about the size of a cigarette box. Had an ear piece. A Sunday school teacher thought it was a hearing aid for a while and got wisw to me asked if it was a hearing aid, I replied that it helped me hear things in Miami. Gone.
Back to the song. Great as usual.

Thanks, plunker! Loved your "hearing aid" story! :D

Thanks, Joseph! I really appreciate it! : )

As always, young John. A great cover of a classic song. Well done mate.

Loved it John! :love: Another old favorite that I haven't heard in awhile. Thank you once again for the song and smile on my face. :shaka:

Joe

The uke really is a great match to these songs from simpler times. Great song choice and you did a fantastic job with it. Ill be singing this all week.

The uke really is a great match to these songs from simpler times. Great song choice and you did a fantastic job with it. Ill be singing this all week.

Thanks, v30! Yes, these sweet and romantic oldies go so well with the uke! :)

Another great old song John, and sweet performance! Your old Kanilea really sounds great in your hands here, perfect for the song.

Thanks, John! I really appreciate it! :)

Top Bottom