You Know You Have UAS When ......

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
You know you have UAS when a new friend walks into your house and immediately says, "Oh, do you sell Ukuleles?" :eek:

Oh my word, that's too funny!

That's why I hide all my ukes in their cases and only have 1 out :)

.. when you're drooling over ukes costing around $200 even though you have several K brand level ukes already.

My accountant did my taxes via Zoom. He saw my lineup of cases against the CD shelves and immediately asked if we had to incorporate any profit from buying and selling ukuleles.

I told him that, sadly, I have never made a profit from selling a uke. I've always lost money, but had a lot of fun. Neither he nor my wife understand this concept.

....you can't eat or sleep till that new custom uke arrives.

....every time you watch a Got A Ukulele review, you drool a little on your keyboard, and go next to the company's website.

....when you see that a friend has the uke you were just shopping, you covet hers.

....you can't drive past a music store.

....all of your T shirts are about ukulele.

....you run out of wall space to hang any more ukes.

....you build a new room to store them in.

When they start replacing or even becoming furniture.

Yup! We're building a new house, and ..... well you hit the nail right on the head.

Have them save you a couple of planks from the construction. Then have an uke made with it and see if the entire house vibrates sympathetically with the uke.

... you check the Marketplace several times a day, just in case ...

... you check the Marketplace several times a day, just in case ...

You caught me in the act, didn't you? LOL.
I do look every day...or maybe even more often, just in case... but haven't bought anything for 2 years, so I'm keeping my UAS in check.

You get your bank statement and try to figure out which uke you can afford!!!!!

When someone asks how many ukes you have you have to stop and count them up in your head because the number keeps changing. (Then you have to correct yourself when you suddenly remember others you forgot to add the first time around.)

You're waiting for one to arrive, you buy another, and then realize you're checking out the marketplace board all within the same hour.

Top Bottom