LED Panel lighting

Timbuck

Reaction score
I have always struggled with taking photos and videos mainly getting the lighting right and getting reflections from the shiny finish..and now it looks like my problems have come to an end with this latest toy..it was delivered a couple of hours ago and my first experiments with it are very favourable...Ill try and do a video with it next week and see if it improves the quality.
lighting panel.jpg
The first pic I tried with just the new panel light and all the workshop lights off...and no after shot editing.
AC287352-609F-4A0D-A926-1AE795473365 by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Last edited:
I use six of those in my photo booth Ken. I like them because they are more compact than the regular light boxes. When it comes to good photography you can never have enough light.
I agree Chuck...the better the lighting the more you can see as well I've just been fitting and gluing a neck to the body wich takes a bit of careful masking and scraping away the finish, and i had the light panel on using it as a bench top light mounted up above my head it worked great far better than my usual daylight bulb angle poise desk lamp :cool:... so I think i'll now get another one to fit over my other bench or lathe :).

Last edited:
I have always struggled with taking photos and videos mainly getting the lighting right and getting reflections from the shiny finish..and now it looks like my problems have come to an end with this latest toy..it was delivered a couple of hours ago and my first experiments with it are very favourable...Ill try and do a video with it next week and see if it improves the quality.

The first pic I tried with just the new panel light and all the workshop lights off...and no after shot editing.Ken Timms[/url], on Flickr

Can you post a link for that?

That’s a gorgeous uke - it will make it’s future owner very happy.

Sorry to go off topic, but what is going on with that two piece bridge?

Thanks for the mention of the panel lamp, Tim. I immediately ordered one, plus a tripod, which is needed in order to use it. In fact, in my opinion, it should be supplied with one. It does give an even, adjustable light.
Bob

Thanks for the mention of the panel lamp, Tim. I immediately ordered one, plus a tripod, which is needed in order to use it. In fact, in my opinion, it should be supplied with one. It does give an even, adjustable light.
Bob

I have a permanent photos shoot room I use these lights in. There is a bracket on the lights that have holes in them. Of my 6 lights half are mounted on tripos and the others are screwed into the rafters.

I am sure that the problem may lie in the wires that are connected to the LED bulbs. Reconsider the issue, and then I'm sure you can find a solution.
If I were you, I would choose the collapsible led lantern set because I already had the experience, and it turned out to be quite interesting in terms of lighting and light quality. At first, I was a bit dubious about how it would look, but the results were great, and I don't have to worry about it anymore as it is more economical in terms of money. I'm sure you too can see the positive results if you try to reconsider this situation from a more financially sound point of view.

Last edited:
Top Bottom