NUD: aNueNue T30 Tenor Ukulele

MikeSRC

Reaction score
I'm a long time guitar player that's new to the uke and have been playing on a cheap (but solid wood) Enya for awhile. I decided to upgrade and came across the aNueNue Hawaiian Dream series ukes. I've seen some great reviews on the AMM3, which was a little higher priced than I wanted to go. So, when I saw the T30, which is all solid African mahogany like the AMM3, but without the binding, gloss finish etc., I thought I'd give it a try.

I've built and set up a number of guitars over the years, so I didn't need to buy from a dealer that would do a setup. In any event, the only places that had the T30 were the aNueNue website and Uke Like The Pros (they had one).

Got it on a sale from ULTP and it's a really well made uke. Frets were nicely dressed with no sharp edges. Intonation was good and the action is right at 3mm at the 12th fret. I might lower it a bit, but it's fine for now. Quality tuners and the satin finish is very good as well. I like the warm sound, with good sustain, but I don't really have anything good to compare it with. Would love to see a side-by-side review with the T30 and an AMM3. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Attachments

• T30.jpg
    T30.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 70
Nice, congrats on the new uke. I love seeing these more affordable aNueNue ukes getting bought and played more and more. I think they're a brilliant brand and their cheaper ukes offer as much quality for money as their Moon Birds and the like.

Nice review. You'll have to tell us if lowering the actions changes the sound.

What strings come with it? Will you replace with wound G or C strings?

What strings come with it? Will you replace with wound G or C strings?

It comes with aNueNue Clear Water fluorocarbon strings. I might change to a low G setup, but most likely stick with fluorocarbon (probably Worth). Trying to keep the feel different from my guitars.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new baby! I keep hearing good things about the brand.

Sorry to review such an old thread but I have a hard time finding the answers to the originally posted question: what is the difference between this and amm3 that explains the price difference?
I understand that the amm3 comes with more "jewellery" some might prefer (gloss, binding, abalone) that does not seem to explain double the price. Is there a specific difference in other materials, build quality or sound?

Last edited:
Top Bottom