Which newer movies do you watch over and over?

Mike $

Reaction score
There are plenty of oldies that i like to watch over and over, but not so many newer ones. One of my favorites to watch is The Martian with Matt Damon. I love this movie, I have watched it 50 times or more, I could watch it another 50 times, I find it so interesting and exciting.

How about you?

I agree 100% with The Martian, and you opened the door for an extensive list of mine.

The Adjustment Bureau
Yesterday
Silver Linings Playbook
Mother Brooklyn
Begin Again
The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 with Denzel
The Accountant
We Bought a Zoo
National Treasure
The Hunt for Red October
A Beautiful Mind
A Bronx Tale
A Few Good Men
A League of Their Own
Cast Away
Forrest Gump
About a Boy
Notting Hill
The Holiday
Almost Famous
Amelie
Awakenings
Big Trouble
Blast from the Past
The Bodyguard
Draft Day
The entire Bourne series
The entire Ocean's series
The Terminal (Though I hated that Tom did not end up with Catherine Zeta. Spielberg setup that they would, then killed it.)

I'll stop now because I have over 1900 movies in my library, too many to go through now.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
There have been a ton of good movies recently. On the fun side, I really liked the new Mortal Kombat and Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Animated, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was really cool. For Drama, “Can You Ever Forgive Me?” was really interesting. The most interesting horror thing that I’ve seen recently wasn’t a movie but American Horror Story: 1984. It’s self-contained so you don’t need to watch other seasons but it really throws everything but the kitchen sink at you in a complex (but not convoluted) timeframe.

Cannery Row
All of the Star Trek movies
All of the Harry Potter movies
The Hobbit
The Trilogy
The Notebook
The Batman

The only modern movies I've watched multiple time are the Godzilla movies. There is something about that monster that keeps me coming back. I just bought the Godzilla edition of Time Magazine, saw it at the grocery checkout. The first thing it says is that Godzilla was inspired by an American movie, The Beast from 20,000 Leagues. So, I found that movie and watched it. You know, it wasn't bad, I liked it!

Actually I don't like to watch movies again if I really liked it. Because I like to save the pleasure and a positive feeling after the viewing. However such movies like Transformers or Godzilla or Marvel movies I can watch multiple times.

It’s very rare for me to watch a movie more than once. Some I’ll see twice, and by the third time I’m certainly done with it forever . I don’t have that much free time, and the plots never change. It’s hard enough to find the time to watch ones I’ve never seen. The movies I‘ll occasionally watch again (meaning every three years or so) are the original Star Wars trilogy, and perhaps a Pixar movies, though that is increasingly rare.

There is one exception to this - My Dinner with Andre - it’s a good antidote for doom scrolling. I used to watch it once a year until my VCR tape wore out. Spouse not too long ago gave me a DVD she found at a movie rental place that was going out of business. So now it’s about once every three years I‘ll rewatch it.

LOVE The Martian. That's definitely high on the list.

All the Kung Fu Panda movies
All the Despicable Me/Minions movies
Princess Bride
Contact
The Life of Pi
The Tailor of Panama
Star Trek (reboot from 2009)
Hidalgo
Gladiator

Any Tarantino, Coen Brothers, or Wes Anderson films.

I've also seen The Prestige over 5 times probably. Immediately after watching it the first time, I went thru all the special features then watched it again with the director's commentary on. This might be the only movie I've seen with the director's commentary that I can remember.

Last edited:
I'll add another to my list; "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner, Chadwick Boseman, Denis Leary, Frank Langella, Ellen Burstyn, Terry Crews, Sean Ditty Combs, Sam Elliott, Rosanna Arquette, Kevin Dunn, Chi McBride. I absolutely loved this movie, I can't imagine why it tanked in the box office.

Every 6 months or so, I like to watch everything I can find, that's not animated or fan produced, of Star Wars. The 3 trilogies, the tv shows, and the episodes in between the three trilogies.

In regard to The Martian, I like Damon's Jason Bourne movies better. I own both. Much better than John Wick, which I don't have.

Many favorites are from the Thirties. My newer favorites -
Payback (Mel Gibson),
Last Man Standing (Bruce Willis),
Murphy's Romance (Jim Garner and Sally Field),
Father Goose (Cary Grant and Leslie Caron),
Blazing Saddles,
Airplane,
Red (Bruce Willis),
All the Dirty Harry's,
Speed (Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock),
Passengers (Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt).

I could go on.

Last edited:
Mike’s list is pretty good + the Godfathers.

Of what I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned I’ll add The Big Lebowski (though I’m sure Chris had it in mind with what he listed.)

Every 6 months or so, I like to watch everything I can find, that's not animated or fan produced, of Star Wars. The 3 trilogies, the tv shows, and the episodes in between the three trilogies.
That sounds fun, but it must be turning into a longer and longer marathon every year.

Top Bottom