What Brand is That?

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I bet I'm not alone in this. Every time I see a ukulele - online or in person - I want to know what brand it is. I can often tell by the shape of the headstock or the logo on it.

Christopher Davis-Shannon is using a new one - not his Martin. Can someone identify it?

Christopher D-S.jpg

I bet I'm not alone in this. Every time I see a ukulele - online or in person - I want to know what brand it is. I can often tell by the shape of the headstock or the logo on it.

Christopher Davis-Shannon is using a new one - not his Martin. Can someone identify it?

View attachment 134105
He has a video in his channel where he talks about it.. will try to find and post it later it not already posted..

Along with being a sweet shape, that headstock edge looks chamfered. What a sweet uke.

This was the order of what I noticed:

1. Scarf (why?)
2. Boobs
3. Ukulele

Last edited:
This was the order of what I noticed:

1. Scarf (why?)
2. Boobs
3. Ukulele

1) Cuase' he is a grown man and dresses how he wishes.
3) And he plays it, and teaches it, amazingly well.

I was just mildly amused that the uke was the first thing most people noticed but it was the last thing I noticed.

When you said you noticed the scarf, I tried looking for a slanted joint in the neck - without success. Only then did I notice his apparel.

John Colter

I'm the exact same. If I can't recognize the uke brand immediately I start frantically googling and searching what brand it might be. Playing the ukulele has made me a total gear junkie...

2. Because: Art.

This model is called May and Liam of Wunderkammer Instruments has a series of posts on Instagram where he talks about how this model came to be.

Basically it's a shorter scale soprano (13 inches instead of Wunderkammer's standard 13 5/8 inches) inspired by the old Kumalae ukuleles with a tighter waist and exaggerated shoulders. The headstock is inspired by old banjo headstocks, and Christopher's uke also has a moon inlay inspired by classic banjo fretboard inlays.

Oh yeah, it's built using hand tools, so no electric tools whatsoever. I'm on his waiting list and will order something very similar. Can't wait! :)

Top Bottom