have questions

EvanB

Reaction score
I've been playing classical guitar for more than 50 years. I'm not a great player, but I've worked through a fascination with nylon strung guitars that has moved through more than 50 instruments.

I recently purchased a Enya uke for my daughter and in the course of finding the uke ran across the 6 string Baritone. I ordered a Caramel and was amazed, as were my friends. One friend had to have the Caramel and I sold it to him and turned around to buy the another one with different woods--just to see if the quality remained the same.

Now I am in search mode, checking out 6 string Baritone ukuleles, Guitaleles, 1/4 sized guitars, and mini-guitars (not sure what the difference is between those, but with the help of people on this forum I hope to learn.

There are a number of good options out there. Not as many as classical guitars but enough to hopefully satisfy your needs.

You said baritone so your primary choice for scale length is 19" or 20". Some people have a preference, some don't. Do you?

The other primary dimension is nut width. There are some approaching classical guitar width, 50mm or 2", and some quite narrow, 45mm or 1.75". Do you have a preference?

Welcome EvanB.

Top Bottom