WTB: Best All-Solid Tenor Ukulele I can get for under $100-150

McLovin_

Reaction score
Apologies for the budget constraint - college student here and money is tight with the pandemic. I've rented/borrowed ukuleles in the past but have saved up some money. I'm looking to purchase my first ukulele and want to invest in a tenor.

Does anyone have something lying around that they wouldn't mind selling? Any ukes looking for a good home?

Located in central NJ. Thanks in advance. :)

While not all solid, I have a well used Cordoba cutaway with electronics. Solid mahogany top with layered mahogany sides. 20TM-CE? (I'm working in the yard so don't have it in front of me). I think it's listed on flea market. It's a very good ukulele for under $150. If you are interested I can send more information.

Apologies for the budget constraint - college student here and money is tight with the pandemic. I've rented/borrowed ukuleles in the past but have saved up some money. I'm looking to purchase my first ukulele and want to invest in a tenor. :)

I think you might be best served with a laminate body/solid top tenor for that price.

Check out Southern Ukulele Store (UK) video about beginner/intermediate ukes. They have the comparisons for 2020 and this one for 2021 for ideas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rXK0iFhiZg

Last edited:
@gregojano - would love for some more details!

If anyone else has a tenor (or even a concert?) lying around collecting dust, would love to purchase one. Thanks!

Another thought for you. Just buy a well set up Entry laminated Uke. Mim has some Ohana minor blem Tenors around a hundred bucks, her shipping is very reasonable and you will get a very playable instrument. Right in your wheelhouse for price.

I have an all solid wood Pono tenor that I would be willing to sell, but it would be $300. The MT-SP - spruce top, mahogany back and sides. It's like new, with Uke Crazy case. I'm in NJ so could meet up with you, so no shipping would be involved. I purchased it new from a uke shop just last summer, and have not really used it. I know it's above your stated budget but I thought I'd put it out there. It's a really nice uke that I just don't need. I'd like it go to someone who can make good use of it. https://theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/pono/pono-mtd-sp-spruce-top-mahogany-tenor-3438.html.

Another thought for you. Just buy a well set up Entry laminated Uke. Mim has some Ohana minor blem Tenors around a hundred bucks, her shipping is very reasonable and you will get a very playable instrument. Right in your wheelhouse for price.

Mim is an excellent seller to keep in mind for the future.

Sent you a pm, but not showing that it sent. Please let me know if you received it, McLovin_.

The Pono offered by Cadia is a real steal at that price, especially since it was set up and comes with a case. Could easily be a "forever" ukulele. I really like Pono's offerings. My baritone is made by Pono, and it's such a fabulous instrument.

The Pono offered by Cadia is a real steal at that price, especially since it was set up and comes with a case. Could easily be a "forever" ukulele. I really like Pono's offerings. My baritone is made by Pono, and it's such a fabulous instrument.

Thank you, Mivo, I think so too!

There are many quality ukes under $200. I personally have an Oscar Schmidt ou7t spalted mango tenor that I love which sounds great. I often play it over several way more expensive ukes I have. Kala, Ohana, and Pono and many others also have some great ukes under $200. Check out all of their websites.

Top Bottom