Enya Nova U Pro Tenor Ukulele - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Baz, you're right, I don't like plastic ukes at all. But I do like your videos so much that I watched it anyway.
Pity, isn't it, that all good ukes can't have those frets....
I didn't like that color....

I’m staggered at the frets for the ticket price.

Great review Baz! I appreciate the detail that you don't see on the other "fluff" reviews. Got one on preorder.

Thanks!

Yes I saw a 'review' of one yesterday which was mighty odd - basically just reading out the specs they'd been sent.. Ugh..

I thought the Titanium strings were a bizarre choice for an all plastic uke but actually they sound surprisingly good. I just find that they suit only very specific ukes but maybe synthetic ukes are one of those.

I really hope they make a concert pro model as well with those metal frets.

The metal frets were a "deal maker" for me, and I too have one on pre-order. That is an amazing price considering the metal frets, and it would sure seem to alter the playing field compared with ukes such as the Outdoor Ukulele or Magic Fluke Fleas. Thanks for the review.

Last edited:
Yep. I've considered this long and hard against the Outdoor Tenor. I think the Outdoor still wins on PROVEN ruggedness, but in every other department and obviously price, this wipes the floor with it

Excellent review. I have one on pre-order thanks to your article Baz. Those hemispherical ends on the frets are a great touch. I am wondering how well the molded in "nut" is going to hold up. Should be a fun uke. We'll see how well it holds up in the car.

I've just ordered one for my wife to take to work. It's on pre-order. I wonder how long it will take? Enya is saying the 1st part of July???

Last edited:
Excellent review. I have one on pre-order thanks to your article Baz. Those hemispherical ends on the frets are a great touch. I am wondering how well the molded in "nut" is going to hold up. Should be a fun uke. We'll see how well it holds up in the car.

Suspect nut will be fine - the nut doesn't take repeated pressure of the strings on and off it like frets do. Bear in mind that there are lots of ukes out there with plastic nuts and saddles.

I've just ordered one for my wife to take to work. It's on pre-order. I wonder how long it will take? Enya is saying the 1st part of July???

They just put them up for sale on Amazon, with shipping listed as "usually ships soon", but the delivery dates are July 28-Aug 23. If they ship them by date ordered, those who preordered a month ago should be receiving them in a few weeks.

They just put them up for sale on Amazon, with shipping listed as "usually ships soon", but the delivery dates are July 28-Aug 23. If they ship them by date ordered, those who preordered a month ago should be receiving them in a few weeks.

They must have already sold out of the black acoustic version. It's not currently (6/26/21) available as an option.

Just got a shipping notification today for my preorder (black acoustic). Of course, that’s just notification that the label’s been created. UPS doesn’t have the package yet.

Edit: Looks like it’s in UPS’s hands now. Scheduled to arrive on Thursday!

Last edited:
Top Bottom