Season 485 - 7 D in a W

DelGriff

A very boring man!
Reaction score
Season 485 - 7 D in a W

Hi everyone

An ever so slightly cryptic title for this week’s theme - you may remember these number/word puzzles were all the rage a while back. The answer to this one is 7 Days in a Week, which may give you an idea of this week’s theme as well as the duration of this week’s season!

As some of you will know, I’m not a fan of the second overlapping Sunday in a season - entries often dwindle to a trickle and everyone understandably is turning their attention to the new season’s theme. So, Season 485 will run for 7 days only - starting at 12.01am on Sunday 30th May and ending at 11.59pm on Saturday 5th June.

Theme: quite simply, any song whose title and/or lyrics contain a day or days of the week or the word ‘week’ itself. Also any song by an artist whose name contains the same.

Linda (Turtledrum) did something similar a few years back and it was one of my favourite seasons ever, so you may wish to refer back to that one for some song inspiration.

So apart from running for a day less, the usual rules apply - collaborations and multitracking are very welcome. The song limit is 2 each per day, and there will be a prize or two for my favourite entries - though anybody that has won any of my previous seasons won’t be selected.

Additional request: if you can think of your own number/word puzzle similar to the one in the season title, please feel free to post it in the thread. Here’s one to start you off: 4 S on a U

Above all, have fun!!! :)

Playlist

Last edited:
Additional request: if you can think of your own number/word puzzle similar to the one in the season title, please feel free to post it in the thread. Here's one to start you off: 4 S on a U

I thought I had this but I just checked and counted twice as many...

My mum keeps sending me these. Here's a musical one (although not one of the ones she's sent): 7 NA by the WS

Last edited:
Cool! There was no overlap day when the seasons first began, that was before my time here, and I believe the season actually went live from the moment the theme was announced, ie. you could post in as much time as it took you to get plinking and press record!!! But you couldn't multitrack and every vid had to be one take. Blah I just really wanted to say 22 M O T P

I hosted this theme in Season 49, too. The playlists are below. (Back then, you only did one song a week that went on the main playlist, and any more after that went in a separate playlist for "Bonus Songs".) At the time, there had been a rich California girl named Rebecca Black whose parents had paid to make and promote a video for a terrible song she'd written called "Friday", and I prohibited that song from being done for the Season.

This is a theme that holds up to being done multiple times, there's so many songs that fit the theme. I'm hoping this will give me enough motivation to finish one of my originals that's been sitting half-written forever.

Season 49 Playlist
Season 49 Bonus Songs

uke4ia;2279919) said:
At the time, there had been a rich California girl named Rebecca Black whose parents had paid to make and promote a video for a terrible song she'd written called "Friday", and I prohibited that song from being done for the Season.

Rebecca Black recently made a more serious entry into music. I havent heard any of it. Anyway, I read that the video was never meant to be promoted, but was supposed to be shared with her school friends when it accidentially went viral. As someone who has posted things to youtube that I dont want to go viral, I kind of feel bad making too much fun of her.

Here's a musical one:
14 M on the D M C

(Hint: Berni should get this one.)

Yo ho ho... I B Leave I do. But shouldn't it be 16?

4 s on a u.....is it 4 seasonistas on a unicycle ?....I’ve heard about your lockdown parties!

Is everyone writing in code???? I KNOW NOTHING!!!

it may not mention all of the 7 D in a W, but this Bon Jovi song mentions most of them ...

(i don't know if Jon Bon Jovi has got extra big lungs or something, but i got quite out of breath trying to sing this)

Last edited:
Here's a song with every day of the week. Probably not that many songs that do that. Cheers Del Boy.

Johnny Cash had a bit of a cheek, giving himself the writing credit for this, having borrowed most of it from Leadbelly (who wasn't around to complain). Anyway, there's lots of days in it.

16 P in a CS (you might say it's 32, but that's a different P)

Last edited:
Top Bottom