Season 485 - 7 D in a W

"Book of Saturday" by King Crimson, for baritone ukulele with singing, overdubs of secondary vocals, synthesizer, and whistling.

Produced for Ukulele Underground Season of the Ukulele 485

Dedicated to the UU Saturday Open Mic gang - it's been great hanging out, sharing music and stories, and getting to know you splendid folks better!

1916 novelty song recorded by Mr Al jolson and Mr Clinton Ford.

I hosted this theme in Season 49, California girl named Rebecca Black whose parents had paid to make and promote a video for a terrible song she'd written called "Friday", and I prohibited that song from being done for the Season.

Season 49 Playlist
Season 49 Bonus Songs

Hey Jim you got your links mixed up.. bonus track playlist works, but the main one leads to you hosting Week 31.. Rain ! I remember it well because it was my first week on the seasons...

In the course of making this video, I happen to click on a link for a video called "The Truth About the Lynnyrd Skynnrd Plae"... the click-baity title makes it seem like it's representing some secret conspiracy, but it's not, it's literally just the tragic truth about an idiot pilot flying a leaky plane with the most amazing Southern-anthem-rock talent on board.

Hello, Del ... and thanks for the week! I shot a video for this film yesterday (Sunday) morning, when the sun was shining, as I walked down the hill from our house. Unfortunately the "wobble" effect of my walking made me feel a bit seasick when I watched it back, so I took stills from the film ... apart from the end, where there is a real, live waterfall (albeit a small one!)

Another one in my occasional series of Season interruptions. We need a host for the week after next (Season 487, June 13-20). All replies to the sign-up thread - thank you.

Right here's one from my new home studio. I've played it a couple of times but never in a seasons video i don't think.

(Hoping to use the piano in the background in a video later on in the week when i get through all the boxes.)

Here's another one that mentions all 7 D of the W, Friday I'm In Love by The Cure:

While I'm here, here's a reasonably easy one (I think): 88 K on a P.

And here’s one from your host. Acoustic tenor uke, electric baritone uke, synth bass and organ, and doubled up vocal to make myself heard above everything else. A hit in 1980 for the often underrated Undertones.

Evening all!
So we’re just about 36 hours into the season and already we have a fine crop of performances! Big thanks to all those who’ve contributed so far - looking forward to hearing a good many more over the coming days.
And here are the number/word puzzles submitted so far - how many can you get:
4 S on a U
7 NA by the WS
22 M O T P
14 M on the D M C
or... 16 M on the D M C
or... 15 M on the D M C
8 D a W (according to the Beatles)
16 P in a CS

Have I missed any? :confused:
Edit: I did miss one - 88 K on a P

Last edited:
Holy cow, my little Gibson wanted to sing today! More than I did, apparently.

And another four great songs for the playlist - thanks guys!

Prize announcement
So there will be two prizes this week - each winner will receive one of these rather spiffing decorative but perfectly functional capos:

5A5481A8-295D-4259-8996-C7E0FF18B0DE.jpg

So with just one song contributed in over 24 hours (thanks, Rick!) we seem to have hit a midweek lull! Maybe I should finish the next season I host on the Tuesday! ;)

So with just one song contributed in over 24 hours (thanks, Rick!) we seem to have hit a midweek lull! Maybe I should finish the next season I host on the Tuesday! ;)

Fear not! I present the toils of my labour frol my last day off before getting back to work tomorrow.

Got another one I might do at some point too.

Top Bottom