6 string: baritone uke, guitelele, 1/4 sized guitar, mini guitar????

Well, it was a wasted trip. The young man doing the evaluation spent about 30 minutes on line and examining the guitar. At first he was pretty enthused and well he might--the guitar is a factory custom like new, with a hard case, and with the company tags still in place. But after orders from his boss he was embarrassed by what he had to offer and told me right up front that I would not want the deal: I was offered $250 for a guitar that GC sells for $900.

I'm not upset since GC is in for the money and the business model must be working for the company. I am a bit upset at my way-off-the-mark expectation--I need to rein in my expectations.

I have now tried two Caramel Baritone Ukes and both the Mini and Mini II--I am willing to recommend them all. The mentioned instruments are genuine musical tools. Unfortunately most of the small guitar-like instruments are garbage, but the Ukes and Cordobas mentioned tune, intonate, project, have nice tonal qualities, and are easy to play. Great for beginners, great for travel, and very nice when powered up.

CPG:

Do you have a gig bag for your Motif? I've ordered the Motif from Musician's friend but have been unable to find a bag with the right dimensions for the Motif.

Before I head off to Godin land on the good ship Motif, I wanted to thank Jim Hanks for his help in getting me started on my search for the small sized guitar that is right for me. He pushed me a bit, but it took some pushing and I'm glad he took the time and energy.

I hope that he will sometime be able to enhance his almost fine collection of Ukes, he deserves the best. Maybe we should take up a collection?

CPG:

Do you have a gig bag for your Motif? I've ordered the Motif from Musician's friend but have been unable to find a bag with the right dimensions for the Motif.

Awesome. It doesn’t come with any kind of bag or case. I bought this case from https://www.elderly.com/products/canadian-parlor-guitar-case

It was more than I wanted to spend but it’s a nice case and it fits it beautifully. Most other small body/parlor cases seemed like they would be 1/2 to 1” to short which make sense since many parlors have 24” scales. The TKL was the only case I found that I was confident would fit.

That's a nice case. However, I'm looking for a bag. You get me looking at TKL bags and 4675 is close. Thank you.

Before I head off to Godin land on the good ship Motif, I wanted to thank Jim Hanks for his help in getting me started on my search for the small sized guitar that is right for me. He pushed me a bit, but it took some pushing and I'm glad he took the time and energy.

I hope that he will sometime be able to enhance his almost fine collection of Ukes, he deserves the best. Maybe we should take up a collection?
All part of the service. :cool:

I forgot what you were trying to push me into. :rofl: If it was a 6-string, I've been down the road you're on and settled on my faves - narrower necks and shorter scales. The 3 I've kept meet all my needs there. If it was a 4-string, I also have my bases pretty well covered. I will never say there won't be another, but at the moment, my UAS is in remission.

Jim;

Thank you for the service. You seem to have forgotten that your collection lacks a Pono--alas!

That's a nice case. However, I'm looking for a bag. You get me looking at TKL bags and 4675 is close. Thank you.

I can’t blame yah. I generally prefer gig bags too, but I taken to using hardcases for anything solid or solid topped just because it makes humidity control so much easier in the winter where I live. In the winter my ukes and guitars all live in hard cases with humidpaks. But I much prefer gig bags if I’m taking an instrument out of the house.

CPG;

The Aklot gig bag for 41" guitars has a built in humidifier.

I got the Godin and, alas, it will be returned. I've been spoiled by the ergonomic features of my various Emerald guitars and the Godin, like my recently ordered Kremona Sophia, feels bulky and sharp. And the neck turns out to be too thin for my taste. As things stand, my Emerald X10 is my keeper.

CPG;

The Aklot gig bag for 41" guitars has a built in humidifier.

I got the Godin and, alas, it will be returned. I've been spoiled by the ergonomic features of my various Emerald guitars and the Godin, like my recently ordered Kremona Sophia, feels bulky and sharp. And the neck turns out to be too thin for my taste. As things stand, my Emerald X10 is my keeper.

That’s too bad. But always good to try different stuff and confirm what you like and don’t like. Now do yourself a favor and get yourself a nice vintage soprano ukulele.

CPG:

I've tried various Ukuleles including the one from Blackbird. But, other than the Baritone tuned like a guitar I'm sticking with guitars. By the way, I've enjoyed talking with you and others on this forum--its been a pleasure.

Evan

CPG:

I've tried various Ukuleles including the one from Blackbird. But, other than the Baritone tuned like a guitar I'm sticking with guitars. By the way, I've enjoyed talking with you and others on this forum--its been a pleasure.

Evan

Enjoyed chatting as well. Good luck with your continued instrument adventures!

Top Bottom