FS Pono baritone, spruce-top cutaway Baggs pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoyWoy

Reaction score
A GREAT SOUND, A GREAT BUY
A very desirable spruce-top rosewood body Pono pro-classic baritone (RBC-PC-S) cutaway, fitted with Grover tuners and Baggs 5.0 pickup. Purchased new in 2015 from Hawaii Music Supply, with their full set-up. Nice low action, minor cosmetic bumps and scuffs (see YouTube video), lovely rich warm tone. Truss-rod in the neck, and a slightly curved radius fingerboard for player comfort. Pretty mother-of-pearl rosette inlay and fret markers. Koa binding. Includes Aroma digital tuner; Aroma capo; Oasis humidifier; and plush-lined lockable Pono hard case (with 2 keys).
Reluctant sale to finance another purchase (of course!).
Price US$695 plus postage
(instrument located in Australia but can be posted internationally).
See instrument in detail and hear audio samples on the YouTube video

Last edited:
Just a note on the audio sample: I’m playing with D’Aquila Gcea baritone conversion set, detuned half a step (personal preference).

This is a beautiful, sweet sounding instrument and a good buy for someone. I notice, for example, that Mr. Hanks does not have one of these in his almost-fine collection. He'd be a fool to not jump on this,

This is a beautiful, sweet sounding instrument and a good buy for someone. I notice, for example, that Mr. Hanks does not have one of these in his almost-fine collection. He'd be a fool to not jump on this,

Looks like Jim started with the wrong guy :)

Mitch

Great sounding Bari. Is that a "Rosewood" body?

I have a 2017 Pono Rosewood/Spruce tenor that is one of my favorite ukes. Wonderful sound.

Looks like Jim started with the wrong guy :)
Uh-oh. What have I gotten myself into? :eek:
Fortunately for me, I have a strong preference for 19" scale over 20" scale and most baris including this one are the 20" size.

But good luck with the sale.

I fail to see how a person with 12 Ukuleles does not have a Pono in his stable. He seems thwarted by size, by one inch, which is just sad. Flunkutronic indeed.

I believe it is “rosewood” but my memory is uncertain. But since CITES lifted most of its trade restrictions in November 2019 for finished musical instruments it is not an issue in this case.

Last edited:
Very nice WoyWoy. It must be very frustrating for Jim to be so close and yet so far. I understand that there are on-line discussions of techniques for enlarging and extending body parts, perhaps those would help Jim's ukulele reach??

Last edited:
Very nice WoyWoy. It must be very frustrating for Jim to be so close and yet so far. I understand that there are on-line discussions of techniques for enlarging and extending body parts, perhaps those would help Jim's ukulele reach??

EvanB I see what you did there!

Jim;

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Made any offers recently? Doing your stretch exercises?

WoyWoy, I believe the Pono designation RBC-PC-S means: Rosewood Baritone Cutaway Pro Classic Spruce.

A highly desirable wood combination.

If I played bari, I'd jump on this. Best of luck with your sale.

You're right, with the revised CITES regs, there won't be any issues for international shipping.

Last edited:
Aha! Thanks for that info, I didn't know that. I'll amend the original description if I can. And thanks for the good wishes.

WoyWoy, I believe the Pono designation RBC-PC-S means: Rosewood Baritone Cutaway Pro Classic Spruce.

A highly desirable wood combination.

If I played bari, I'd jump on this. Best of luck with your sale.

You're right, with the revised CITES regs, there won't be any issues for international shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom