Ukulele Magazine

Jerryc41

Reaction score
It looks like Ukulele Magazine is in trouble. They've had the occasional promotion, and now their asking for an ongoing contribution of $2.00/month.

I'm subscribed several years ahead, and I bought into the download of all back copies, but I'm not sure about contributing. If all of us bought a subscription, that would be a big help. Having an online-only subscription would save them a fortune.

I have a digital subscription. Their iPhone app is defunct, now they email a PDF link. Obviously that means they don't have to share the subscription amount with an app store.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I have a digital subscription. Their iPhone app is defunct, now they email a PDF link. Obviously that means they don't have to share the subscription amount with an app store.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Is that digital-only? I get both with every issue - paper and digital.

It looks like Ukulele Magazine is in trouble. They've had the occasional promotion, and now their asking for an ongoing contribution of $2.00/month.

I'm subscribed several years ahead, and I bought into the download of all back copies, but I'm not sure about contributing. If all of us bought a subscription, that would be a big help. Having an online-only subscription would save them a fortune.

A few weeks ago I, too, purchased their All Access subscription (all back issues plus the next year's worth) and have been slowly working my way through the magazines chronologically starting with the most recent. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the back issues and I can't recommend the magazine highly enough. They manage to come up with a great variety of topics for each issue. Whether you are a newbie (like me) or an experienced player, I think you will find the magazine a great value. I hope they manage to stick around for a long time.

kathy

I've been thinking about subscribing, and just bought the All Access subscription. Thanks for giving me the little push I needed, Jerry!

I'm a beginner and have been learning a lot from the magazine's articles that have come up in my searches. I'm excited about gaining access to their entire archive.

What's the cost for that?

Same price as the print/digital, $24 for a year of 4 issues, $42 for two years of 8 issues, $54 for three years for 12 issues, but I don't want paper so I pay it. https://store.ukulelemag.com/products/digital-subscription-order-form

I stopped using paper years ago, everything I do is digital and synced across my Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, including music, calendar, notes, email, messaging, magazine subscriptions, photography (I'm the staff photographer for the Los Angeles Lawyers Philharmonic/Big Band of Barristers/Legal Voices Chorus, http://www.lalawyersphil.org), and all triple backed up.

I have a Mac Mini with 3.2 GHz i7 processor, 64GB of RAM, 2 TB internal SSD, 8 TB external RAID-0 NVMe SSD Thunderbolt 3, an 8 TB 7200 and 12 TB 7200 platter USB 3 backup drives. Plus iCloud sync and Dropbox. My previous MacBook Pro 17" i7 with a 2 TB SSD ran at about 450 read/write, my new Mac Mini setup runs about 3400.

Last edited:
Same price as the print/digital, $24 for a year of 4 issues, $42 for two years of 8 issues, $54 for three years for 12 issues, but I don't want paper so I pay it. https://store.ukulelemag.com/products/digital-subscription-order-form

I stopped using paper years ago, everything I do is digital and synced across my Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, including music, calendar, notes, email, messaging, magazine subscriptions, photography (I'm the staff photographer for the Los Angeles Lawyers Philharmonic/Big Band of Barristers/Legal Voices Chorus, http://www.lalawyersphil.org), and all triple backed up.

I have a Mac Mini with 3.2 GHz i7 processor, 64GB of RAM, 2 TB internal SSD, 8 TB external RAID-0 NVMe SSD Thunderbolt 3, an 8 TB 7200 and 12 TB 7200 platter USB 3 backup drives. Plus iCloud sync and Dropbox. My previous MacBook Pro 17" i7 with a 2 TB SSD ran at about 450 read/write, my new Mac Mini setup runs about 3400.

Thanks. I didn't know that was an option. I would have done that years ago.

I do as much paperless as I can, and all my music is on Kindles, using MobileSheetsPro. Google Chrome coordinates everything on my devices. I even scan papers, rather than keeping receipts I think I should keep. Although I have three old Macs, I prefer Windows and Android.

I asked for digital only too. Figured it would save them money, and I just load it all to my tablet anyway. I don't keep the physical ones around. Thanks for the nudge to get all-access. I do love that magazine.

I asked for digital only too. Figured it would save them money, and I just load it all to my tablet anyway. I don't keep the physical ones around. Thanks for the nudge to get all-access. I do love that magazine.

Thanks. I'll email them and see if they can alter my subscription.

Top Bottom