Your Song of the Day?

kkimura

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
What's you "song of the day"? The song you're working on or playing or just noodling around with today.

I've got my Hawaiian binder open to Koke'e.

"Never more to say good bye."

Francois Couperin’s “Les Moissonneurs.” The tune is described as “jaunty,” and indeed it is, when played at the correct tempo, but at my current speed it sounds more like a lullaby. ;)

Last edited:
I've been playing Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go With Friday On Saturday Night. I haven't played it for months, but I just heard Stanley Russell do it for Season 485 and it put it in my head. Thanks Stan.

Back in Baby's Arms, Patsy Cline. 7 chord changes over 5 words and moving up a half step between verses. Good exercise in trying to do moveable chords and walking that little riff.
Plus--Patsy.

Colonel Bogey.Well, somebodies got to !!

Why Can't This Be Love is the one I'm actively working on today / recording.

Just What I Needed is halfway there, but I want to learn the 2nd keyboard solo since I've already figured out the first keys fill.

I Will Always Love You sax solo...This is going to take a while, so I'm taking a break at transcribing it. Hence, the Van Halen & The Cars.

Salty Dog. (Salty Dog Blues)

Tired of Zoom

What good is sitting alone In your room?
Come hear the music play.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
Come to the Cabaret.

Tired of Zoom

What good is sitting alone In your room?
Come hear the music play.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
Come to the Cabaret.

Yeah, me too. Our local Uke club is starting in person sessions again (outdoors, masks and social distancing) so ,today, I'm going through the song book reacquainting myself to the chords and strums.

Last edited:
For more serious study, some exercises from a classical guitar text that can be adapted to four strings

For fun/strumming, Teenager in Love (Dion and the Belmonts 1959); the lyrics scarred me for years. :)

Ok, so I figured out the keys solo to Just What I Needed and just need to sculpt my synth pedal tone and play with the knobs a little.

Anyway, my song for today is Green Day's Pollyanna. Spent some time to figure out the main melody this afternoon and I feel like I have it mostly down.

Gonna start working on a new song. Somewhere Only We Know. I feel like I want to use to do a hybrid version between Keane and Lily Allen's. We'll see how it goes, but I'm trying to brainstorm for new songs to learn while at the office.

Started working today (Sun. 6/6/21) on recording the bass uke track to add to the track the leader my group sent me singing and playing uke of her arrangement of Wild World by Cat Stevens. I will then upload it to my website so the other 40 members of the group can play along to prepare for our next session.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Accidentally chunked a few bars of "Freight Train" yesterday. Made an interesting Reggie sound. Begs the question, did Bob Marley ever observe a freight train in Kingston?

Accidentally chunked a few bars of "Freight Train" yesterday. Made an interesting Reggie sound. Begs the question, did Bob Marley ever observe a freight train in Kingston?

Dunno about that, but you got my wheels spinning, so I gave it a whirl with a kinda reggae strum, so I guess this is my song of the day. Thanks for the idea!

https://youtu.be/e3UB5SRfhdU

Last edited:
Top Bottom