Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Song of the Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Tired of Zoom

What good is sitting alone In your room?
    Come hear the music play.
    Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
    Come to the Cabaret.
    Yeah, me too. Our local Uke club is starting in person sessions again (outdoors, masks and social distancing) so ,today, I'm going through the song book reacquainting myself to the chords and strums.
    Last edited by kkimura; 06-01-2021 at 02:03 AM.
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Pono MC, Concert

For more serious study, some exercises from a classical guitar text that can be adapted to four strings

For fun/strumming, Teenager in Love (Dion and the Belmonts 1959); the lyrics scarred me for years.
    Kathryn

Ok, so I figured out the keys solo to Just What I Needed and just need to sculpt my synth pedal tone and play with the knobs a little.

Anyway, my song for today is Green Day's Pollyanna. Spent some time to figure out the main melody this afternoon and I feel like I have it mostly down.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I was going to start on this one today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYyEEUp7LSY

I think I prefer that version over this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd7miflIWkk

But maybe I'll end up with a hybrid version. I seem to be doing that lately. Take part of one tab and another part from another tab, and then wander off from there.

Such a beautiful song, and I'm a major Beatles fan.
    Great choice Joyful Uke. A Beatles classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Salty Dog. (Salty Dog Blues)
    Hey Ken, Here's a tab I made for our local uke group. I should have left the second fret of the 4th string fretted in the fourth measure. I was trying to imitate a Scruggs style banjo.
    Salty Dog Blues for uke.jpg
    Works best in re-entrant tuning.

Gonna start working on a new song. Somewhere Only We Know. I feel like I want to use to do a hybrid version between Keane and Lily Allen's. We'll see how it goes, but I'm trying to brainstorm for new songs to learn while at the office.

The Queen's Prayer, a beautiful mele - will be performing this at a celebration of life next week.
    Last edited by ampeep; 06-06-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Started working today (Sun. 6/6/21) on recording the bass uke track to add to the track the leader my group sent me singing and playing uke of her arrangement of Wild World by Cat Stevens. I will then upload it to my website so the other 40 members of the group can play along to prepare for our next session.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Accidentally chunked a few bars of "Freight Train" yesterday. Made an interesting Reggie sound. Begs the question, did Bob Marley ever observe a freight train in Kingston?
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Pono MC, Concert

Quote Originally Posted by kkimura View Post
    Accidentally chunked a few bars of "Freight Train" yesterday. Made an interesting Reggie sound. Begs the question, did Bob Marley ever observe a freight train in Kingston?
    Dunno about that, but you got my wheels spinning, so I gave it a whirl with a kinda reggae strum, so I guess this is my song of the day. Thanks for the idea!

https://youtu.be/e3UB5SRfhdU
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 06-07-2021 at 05:28 AM.
    John

Thread Information