Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Twisted Wood Ukuleles

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    St. Albert, Canada
    Posts
    9

    Default Twisted Wood Ukuleles

    Hi there,
    I’m Alun from Twisted Wood!
    Twisted Wood is a musical instrument manufacturer based in Canada, specializing in ukuleles.
    We are long-time followers of Ukulele Underground, and want to get involved in the ever-growing community of musicians here.
    I wanted to drop into these forums so I can take a proactive role in any uke-based conversations, and share any updates, reviews, and blog posts with all of you. I will also be on-hand as a point of contact for anyone who has a question about any of our products.

    It’s a pleasure to meet you all, and I’m looking forward to answering any questions and discussing all things ukulele!

    Alun
    Last edited by TwistedWoodUkuleles; 06-02-2021 at 11:05 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Canada Prairies, brrr ....
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    Where in Canada do you build the instruments?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    St. Albert, Canada
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hi Merlin666!

    Most of our ukuleles are carefully handcrafted to our exact design, bracing, build, and finish specifications in China.
    Any and all of our custom shop instruments are handcrafted here at our workshop in AB, Canada.

    Alun

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, near the Beverly Center.
    Posts
    5,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedWoodUkuleles View Post
    Hi Merlin666! Most of our ukuleles are carefully handcrafted to our exact design, bracing, build, and finish specifications in China. Any and all of our custom shop instruments are handcrafted here at our workshop in AB, Canada. Alun
    Welcome Alun. What is your custom price for a tenor cutaway uke made with myrtle in a grey green grain?


    This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

    Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    St. Albert, Canada
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hi Michael!
    Thanks for the custom shop enquiry!
    Could you send us an email at info@twistedwoodguitars.com?

    We'll look forward to connecting with you!

    Alun

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    3,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Welcome Alun. What is your custom price for a tenor cutaway uke made with myrtle in a grey green grain?


    This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

    Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    i would contact the builder direct by email or phone asking about wood options seems reasonable here but maybe pricing,shipping,etc better in a private message. in fact i hardly see custom builders advertising their prices in public

    ****oh sorry i see that Alun did request you contact him by email for pricing...makes sense to me** saw his reply after i sent my message
    Last edited by hawaii 50; 06-03-2021 at 07:56 AM.
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor,Kimo Super Tenor all Koa,Beau Hannam Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    St. Albert, Canada
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Happy to answer any questions about any of our ukulele models here- they can be seen at https://twistedwoodguitars.com/?product_cat=ukuleles

    We can provide better information and service for other enquiries if you contact one of us at the office!

    Thanks for the interest!
    Alun
    Last edited by TwistedWoodUkuleles; 06-03-2021 at 08:36 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Near Lake Okeechobee, Florida
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Welcome to the forum, Alun! Full disclosure up front: I teach 'ukulele lessons at a store that recently became a Twisted Wood dealer. I'll try to record my impressions without sounding like an advertisement...

    Twisted Wood 'ukulele are instruments that really deserve to be better known in the United States. They are lightly and soundly constructed, deep-bodied and resonant, with a thin satin finish, tasteful appointments, and an affordable price tag. All 6-12 examples I've played have arrived in very comfortably playable condition right out of the box, and I say that as someone accustomed to far more expensive instruments.
    Last edited by bacchettadavid; 06-03-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    St. Albert, Canada
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchettadavid View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Alun! Full disclosure up front: I teach 'ukulele lessons at a store that recently became a Twisted Wood dealer. I'll try to record my impressions without sounding like an advertisement...

    Twisted Wood 'ukulele are instruments that really deserve to be better known in the United States. They are lightly and soundly constructed, deep-bodied and resonant, with a thin satin finish, tasteful appointments, and an affordable price tag. All 6-12 examples I've played have arrived in very comfortably playable condition right out of the box, and I say that as someone accustomed to far more expensive instruments.

    Thank you for your kind words!
    We're always striving to improve our products and make the best ukuleles possible. We're so glad that you've had a great experience with our instruments!

    Alun

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •