Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 486 - I AM Entirely Sure

Although the narrator here begins with some self-doubt, with some skinny ties, pink hair and the chorus giving him advice in his head, he emerges not caring what the papers say.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Happy Tuesday (or Wednesday maybe depending on where you sit) fellow Seasonistas. Another day draws to a close here on the Left Coast of the US and the playlist is up to date with a fresh batch of contributions. Now that the reciprocal saws and whatnot have stopped for the day I might actually be able to listen to some of them.

Thanks all for making hosting so fun. Keep ‘em coming.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

The narrator is either very sure of what they were put on this earth to do, or is very confident that they can convince the person they want to do that thing with that they were put on this earth to indeed do it.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

Stream my album

Buy my album

Sure As I'm Sitting Here, by John Hiatt, also a big hit for Three Dog Night back in 1974. I'd never heard this song until last night, and worked it out this morning, so still very new to me.

Last edited by Ukecaster; 06-09-2021 at 10:15 AM.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    Happy Tuesday (or Wednesday maybe depending on where you sit) fellow Seasonistas. Another day draws to a close here on the Left Coast of the US and the playlist is up to date with a fresh batch of contributions. Now that the reciprocal saws and whatnot have stopped for the day I might actually be able to listen to some of them.

Thanks all for making hosting so fun. Keep ‘em coming.
    Did you miss my rickrolling or was it just too horrifying? I can't say I'd blame you. Hopefully I'll make up for it with a proper song in the next couple of days .

EDIT: That's interesting, the forum decided to post something entirely different than I wrote at the first attempt. With my computer scientist hat on, I'd love to know what's going on inside... although not enough to actually help debug it...
    Last edited by jtsteam; 06-09-2021 at 05:06 AM.
    - Edwin

Here is one for this week. It was another song I wrote during FAWM (February Album Writing Month). The prompt for this one was "Regret". It is the fruit of another "Skirmish" - a song written, recorded and posted to the site all within an hour of seeing the prompt. I love skirmishes!

It is certainly a song written from the stance of someone who is very sure of his position. But, please don't associate me 100% with the narrator. I can see his POV, but don't share much of it.

Hope you enjoy:

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Ahoy-hoy

Here is my second song of confidence this week.
    The narrator in this song has a history of being very, very confident

a homemade-y...

when you know you're dreaming, you're sure your dreaming, but the dream won't let you go...

lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's the eighties.

The end of a long (for me) Wednesday.Thanks everyone for your continued contributions.

Also, one million apologies to both Val and Edwin, who I inadvertently (I Swear!) left off the playlist. Their excellent songs have been added and are in the playlist in the spots where they show up in the thread. As an apology please accept this video of a Lego robot playing some Elvis.

Last edited by Desert Pavement; 06-09-2021 at 06:47 PM.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Had trouble uploading on here for some reason......hopefully I've got one winging over to you shortly

Thread Information