Season 486 - I AM Entirely Sure

Desert Pavement

Rock Doctor
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was not going to post this until tonight but then I remembered that the current season ends the night of the 5th…

A few Seasons ago Ryan asked for songs about things which the narrator has no idea.

This season I want you to bring me the exact opposite. I want songs where the narrator is confident, even if they are so confident that it ends in their demise. There will be no secondary theme, as I think this is probably fertile enough ground from which the song smiths among you can cultivate an original work (or eight :)).

Note, please do not bring me songs from your motivational workout playlist. There is a difference between songs that inspire confidence and songs about confidence.

Other than that the usual rules apply: Songs must be newly recorded for this week; multi-tracking ok but your ukulele must be front and center; collaborations welcome/encouraged; etc., etc.

New Seasonistas are not only welcome, they are encouraged.

Please limit yourselves to one (1) song per day.

The season will take full advantage of the 8-day duration. So it will begin at 00:00:00 Hawaii time on Sunday June 6th and end at the stroke of 24:00:00 Hawaii time on Sunday June 13th.

So, bring me your songs of Persons of Wealth and Taste, who were born the way they are and who cannot be stopped, now or ever maybe.

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
interesting theme. I'm stumped as to what to play but hopefully will get some inspiration watching the videos of others.

I love your theme, Andy!
Here is my entry.
I am very sure and very confident that I love my nephews.
And they love me too.
I hope you can see how sure we are from the video.
I enjoyed making this very much.
Thank you so much for hosting.

my theme song ...
Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble, when I'm perfect in every way ... (how's that for confidence?)

Andy I saw a little hint in your original post. So I took it. I did add some percussion but I realised I'm no Charlie Watts....so I ditched the drum:)

Oh boy!!!
I have JUST realised the theme for your season, Andy! LOL!

Hmm....but i think i was still on theme though.....!!!

Haha!

Ahoy there.
I am now on summer vacation and will be able to participate more regularly (since I do not have a mountain of assignments and tests to review)

Here is a braggadocios and confident song with lyrics that ooze confidence; written by a very confident artist.
Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Shimmy Shimmy Ya"

Hmm....but i think i was still on theme though.....!!!

Yes, Joo. You most certainly were. I think more accurately Ryans season was about uncertainty. You and your nephews are 100% certain you love one another, so that fits this seasons theme perfectly.

I wondered who would be the first to pick up on one of the three suggestions I dropped in the op. Don

OK ... I need to look for "hints"; I am currently somewhat baffled!!! (Oh, wait ... is it songs about Donald Trump???)

The chap in this Tom Petty song certainly seems sure of himself...

Unlike the narrator, I'm not completely sure about the chords in the chorus, but hey, it's close enough for rock and roll.

Season of the Ukulele 486 asks for songs where the narrator is confident, even it leads to their demise. The theme made me thing of this song by Justin Townes Earle, who sadly ultimately died of an overdose last year after battling addiction throughout his life. In this tune, there's no hint of demise. He's just sure he wants to spend his Sunday with his baby and that he loves her so. Like he says, another day ain't gonna hurt a thing...

Thanks to everyone who got us off to a roaring start. Almost so quick off the line that it triggered the 2nd gun signaling a false start.

The playlist has been added to the OP. Off to listen…

A David Gray song, in which the narrator is trying to convince the object of his desires that she can be as certain of her feelings for him as he is of his feelings for her. Some lovely lines in this one. Only reached 23 in the UK chart in 2003 - deserved better! Just voice and baritone uke in this one. :eek:
Thanks for hosting, Andy! :)

you have to be very confident to eat mayonnaise straight from the jar.
you have to be very confident to do square dancing to funky music.
there was a time that ukelele players copied each other songs and
put a different spin on them. it was fun and we had the confidence to do it.
I wonder how many versions of straight from the jar exist

Original https://youtu.be/pwO0OAeSX2U

Last edited:
Top Bottom