Season 486 - I AM Entirely Sure

Although the narrator here begins with some self-doubt, with some skinny ties, pink hair and the chorus giving him advice in his head, he emerges not caring what the papers say.

Happy Tuesday (or Wednesday maybe depending on where you sit) fellow Seasonistas. Another day draws to a close here on the Left Coast of the US and the playlist is up to date with a fresh batch of contributions. Now that the reciprocal saws and whatnot have stopped for the day I might actually be able to listen to some of them.

Thanks all for making hosting so fun. Keep ‘em coming.

The narrator is either very sure of what they were put on this earth to do, or is very confident that they can convince the person they want to do that thing with that they were put on this earth to indeed do it.

Happy Tuesday (or Wednesday maybe depending on where you sit) fellow Seasonistas. Another day draws to a close here on the Left Coast of the US and the playlist is up to date with a fresh batch of contributions. Now that the reciprocal saws and whatnot have stopped for the day I might actually be able to listen to some of them.

Thanks all for making hosting so fun. Keep ‘em coming.

Did you miss my rickrolling or was it just too horrifying? I can't say I'd blame you. Hopefully I'll make up for it with a proper song in the next couple of days :).

EDIT: That's interesting, the forum decided to post something entirely different than I wrote at the first attempt. With my computer scientist hat on, I'd love to know what's going on inside... although not enough to actually help debug it...

Last edited:
Here is one for this week. It was another song I wrote during FAWM (February Album Writing Month). The prompt for this one was "Regret". It is the fruit of another "Skirmish" - a song written, recorded and posted to the site all within an hour of seeing the prompt. I love skirmishes!

It is certainly a song written from the stance of someone who is very sure of his position. But, please don't associate me 100% with the narrator. I can see his POV, but don't share much of it.

Hope you enjoy:

Ahoy-hoy

Here is my second song of confidence this week.
The narrator in this song has a history of being very, very confident

The end of a long (for me) Wednesday.Thanks everyone for your continued contributions.

Also, one million apologies to both Val and Edwin, who I inadvertently (I Swear!) left off the playlist. Their excellent songs have been added and are in the playlist in the spots where they show up in the thread. As an apology please accept this video of a Lego robot playing some Elvis.

Last edited:
Had trouble uploading on here for some reason......hopefully I've got one winging over to you shortly

I was visited at 4.30 am this morning not by Mother Mary but by Wesley my dog who wanted to go out for a wee.........gave me an Idea though. Here's a man who is confident that there is an 'answer' ........

A song about pampered young people, who yearn for "real, hard life" - We Are Not Little Any More (1970) by Arne Oit and Heldur Karmo, in Estonian.

sympathy for the devil - but not much

if you saw the previous video the stereo effect was just too much with headphones - it sounded ok to me through the computer speakers but the headphone sound was just too much panning around - this one has less of everything - same recording just less effects

Last edited:
Here is one where the singer is telling us they will overcome all adversity.

I thought I should atone for inflicting a Rick Astley song on you, so here's a Tom Waits song that expresses a similar sentiment in a rather different way. It's a Bawler from Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards, which I've been enjoying lately:

I tried a little experiment here - there's a sacrificial cheap baritone uke here with octave down GCEA tuning. It sounds slightly off to me, but then, it's a Tom Waits song and I don't have an out of tune piano handy.

Also the accordion player turned up again and wouldn't go away until I let him record a part.

One from the van this week.

Chuck Berry is certain he knows who tried to call him, because his uncle wrote a message on the wall. Couldn't he find a scrap of paper? A yellow post-it note? If somebody answered my phone and wrote a message on the wall, I'd make them re-decorate. But I wouldn't get half as good a song out of it.

The narrator of this song is certain that suitors can’t resist him. All righty, then.

Top Bottom