Season 486 - I AM Entirely Sure

Hi Andy! This is a tune from Funny Girl (1964, my birth year) by Jule Styne and Bob Merrill. It occurred to me as soon as you announced the theme but I thought it was too hard. Well, it is too hard, but I couldn’t stop singing it all week so I learned it, for better or for worse. No backup singers to control in this tune of absolute confidence.

I’m The Greatest Star
Jule Styne/Bob Merrill

Sorry I’ve been so absent today. We’ve had another round of wonderful contributions since I last logged in. Thanks so much everyone for keeping the train rolling this season. It helps when the drivers are all so sure of themselves.

The season doesn’t end for another couple of days yet. So there’s time if you’ve been lurking.

if i were a noun-
i'll be a smile, not a frown.
i'll be guts and heart,
i'll be flesh,
i'll be blood.

if i were a verb-
i'll love and hurt, laugh and grumble!
i'll fret and worry,
i'll cower and hide away....
but i'll also stop
and let the night air tell me that today's done, let tomorrow come

if i were an adjective-
i'll be silly, funny, maybe a little eccentric.
i'll be old and happy,
an occasional melancholic.
(oops, that's a noun)

if i were an adverb-
i'll walk on
bravely,
surely,
steadily.

Last edited:

These songs are not easy to cover! I think I’m going to keep going though and try to work out a uke version for each song on this album.

I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)

A 70s Genesis song

Good Sunday morning (or afternoon or evening depending on where you sit). We had another slug of fun contributions. There are still ~17 hours or so, at the time of this writing, to slide I. One more song about certainty, being sure of oneself, etc., before slipping off into dreamland.

Sneaking in a song before deadline!

I printed the chords for this song a long time ago, but never got around to playing it untill now.
It is about having confidence in someone else, but it is knowing!

Sorry I have missed the last many seasons. I have chosen songs almost every week, but not found the time to record them. This week - better late than never.

To boldly go where CeeJay went just a few hours ago...

I was getting ready to play my original from last Season, "Thursday's Child", at yesterday's Seasonista open mic, so I had all the effects set up for that. And when I tried playing "I Know What I Like" with those effects, I really liked the sound. The effects even kicked in when I drummed on the soundboard with a finger.

And with TCK’s evening entry Sunday (in CA at least) this season has come to a close. I have some more listening to do to the contributions made the last few days. Once that is done I will nudge you awake from Sabine’s season in dreamland to offer a short wrap.

Thanks all for your contributions!

Wow, time flies when your house is being torn apart (re-wiring in progress) and it gets hard to find a quiet minute.

We had 51 amazing contributions from about that many seasonistas, including some returns from hiatus. Big thanks to everyone who contributed a song, or commented on someone’s contribution, or took the time to listen to all (or even some) of the entries. No prizes this week; instead I donated $51 ($1 for every song) to the Alameda County food bank. Even though California is opening back up out of the pandemic and people are getting back to work, a lot of the relief programs are ending and there are still a lot of people out there trying to make ends meet.

Thanks again all for a wonderful season!

Top Bottom